RELEASED [SMAPI] Shop Expander: Buy stacks of 999 for common resources.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Entoarox, Apr 13, 2016.

1. MbahGondrong

MbahGondrong Seal Broken

Does this apply to Willy for the Baits?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not by default, but you can easily add it.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I copied the format in the config and added the more_crops mod seeds and this is what it gives me when I scroll down far enough to reach the mod items.
        I also saw that most items are added at "SeedShop[19,50]" but the items I added are added at "SeedShop[999,1]" for some reason?

The error tells me iit cannot find the corresponding item (even though I can spawn it in via item spawner just fine)

Code:
        [15:39:06 ERROR SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
        System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
           at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
           at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b)
           at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 771

This is basically what the entries look like, just with different conditions
        Code:
            [
              "SeedShop",
              "489",
              "50",
              "secondYear,fall"
            ],
            [
              "SeedShop",
              "797",
              "1",
              "secondYear"
            ],

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

full log please.

• TenkoKuugen

Here we go

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The issue is that you are using a old version of ShopExtender, update to the latest version.

Edit: The reason yours showed [999,1] is because my code needs to calculate how many "stacks" you can buy and combine, while still being less then or equal to 999.
              I understand the confusion, and for the next release of SE changed how the message is written to be clearer.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
              • TenkoKuugen

But I downloaded the mod from the thread for the first time just a few hours ago?
                Code:
                  "Version": {
                    "MajorVersion": 1,
                    "MinorVersion": 3,
                    "PatchVersion": 0,
                    "Build": ""
                  },
                Is what my manifest says and what is attached to your opening post.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I forgot to update the first post here, when I released 1.4.0 (and then 1.4.1) I officially released it as a mod proper, so a new topic was created.
                  I replaced the first post with a link to the new file page.

• TenkoKuugen

1.4.1 won't even load.
                    full log

Nowadays, even mods seem to suffer from "update and it breaks"
                    I checked if I had the latest framework, and yes I do.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Delete the old config, 1.4 uses a new format that detects shops better.

• TenkoKuugen

The errors never end. It boots fine if I don't touch the config but when I start adding things to it, shit happens, see log
                        I double and triple checked the config. It's 622 lines before I boot, and then it bloats to 964 lines for no reason? What the heck.
                        It duplicates all the config entries that are there to begin with (not the ones I add)
                        The thing basically adds the base config entries to the config EVERY TIME if the config doesn't pass a hashsum test or something, resulting in infinite duplication of entries. I removed the entries entirely to get a clean boot (the base config entries were added anyway. I don't even WANT them, I have stackXsplit, I can buy 999 with just shift-rightclick and that's 100x more convenient than adding extra stacks that flood the list)
                        The shop menu is also back to crashing. I regret trying to fix this piece of shit crop mod so much right now.

I did delete the old config
                        I did convert the more crops entries from the old config to the new one so I know the IDs are correct

Here is the config I used for latest-2. I had to rename it to .txt because the forum runs Stalin's software. It did pop in the base config entries, but that's irrelevant, it crashed when I tried to scroll down to mod items.

the latest has the boot duplication
                        the latest-2 has the shop menu crash

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid this is a issue in SMAPI, I already informed @Pathoschild and 1.6 of SMAPI will fix it.

• TenkoKuugen

So does the mod just not work for anyone or is it specifically me?
                            What part of this is a SMAPI issue anyway? The config duplication? Or the shop menu still crashing if it tries to draw custom items?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The first for sure, the second I am unable to verify because of the first....

• TenkoKuugen

If you remove the basic config part it loads fine once (I wonder if making the file read-only and protected would actually solve this temporarily, so the file cannot be overwritten anymore) to test the shop menu, but I guess it's waiting time.
                                I think the shop just doesn't know how to pull non-vanilla IDs.

• TenkoKuugen

I tried making the file read-only but then the dll can't load the config, sadly
                                  I also tried commenting out the basic config entries but if you change the config at all it will dupe over and just add the entries.
                                  I assume the the dll has the basic config saved somewhere since it creates the config on first run but other mods that create configs on first run don't really dupe over the old entries.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It has to do with how the new SMAPI config system works, Pathos already knows and will fix it in 1.6, but until then there is nothing to be done....

• TenkoKuugen

Well, I guess we play the waiting game now, wwwww
                                      But hey, at least you now know there was an issue with the mod. And since more crops seems to be popular enough, plenty of people will be using it soon.

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Does anybody know if the new 1.6 beta has the necessary changes for this mod?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

looks like it does from a report on the new thread.