Plan your farm ahead of time

1. ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

Rhynera likes this.
  2. Rhynera

Rhynera Void-Bound Voyager

3. Sarahfiren

Sarahfiren Phantasmal Quasar

Ok I am unsure if its a mod conflict or what but with your mod (latest update and even the old one) as soon as i leave my house it crashes the game ....fresh game and even old saves

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Same here

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

It's conflicting with the TimeSpeed mod.

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
        • ThatNorthernMonkey

Vith likes this.
        • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks ThatNorthernMonkey! Do you know if this is working correctly with SMAPI 0.39.4?

• alinelrene

alinelrene Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make it only available on the farm and greenhouse? Because I'm in winter now and every time worms come out, the soil won't turn back the next day.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Are you on the latest version? The latest one should be filtering for just the Farm and Greenhouse? :)

If you open the SavedData\soil.json in a text editor the Locations should all be Farm and Greenhouse, e.g.,

{
              "Position": "65, 20",
              "Location": "Farm",
              "IsFertilized": false,
              "Fertilizer": 0
              },

This file is overwritten everytime you enter the farmhouse, so there should be no remnants of anything outside the Farm or Greenhouse left inside :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                alinelrene likes this.
              • Isaiahjm17

Isaiahjm17 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason when I put this mod in and leave my house my game crashes. This happened with the 0.0.1 Version as well but I took it out and put it back and it worked fine. This however, is not the case this time.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

What mods are you running? Are you running the very latest NoSoilDecay (updated couple days ago?). Are you using SMAPI 39.2 and not one of the buggy pre-releases? :) Need more info really!

• Sarahfiren

SMAPI 39.2 and your mod I believ the latest i had 2 notify's on this mod being updated i am unsure which i chose i will re download and try again also here are my mods :
                    game runs fine at the moment this mod is not installed besides saving to the next day i seem to get glitched into my wall in my kitchen everything is fine will try your mod again and report back few of these have gotten updates as well.. :zzz:
                    Capture.PNG

• Sarahfiren

no go just downloaded your mod again and it crashes with it leaving house ...like i said before my game runs fine without your mod, besides some wall glitching issue ive yet to figure out .. i like your mod but it seems incompatible with something o.o

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Wow, thats a lot of mods lol. Only thing I can really do to help is ask you to zip up your entire mods folder and attach it to a post. That way I can stick a debugger on and find out which other mod is clashing with my own. :)

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I get a crash upon exiting from the farmhouse to the farm upon starting a new game. Have isolated it to running TimeSpeed v1.8.0.1.SMAPI with No Soil Decay 0.04 and starting a new game or loading a save for which a json file in Mods\NoSoilDecay\SavedData has not yet been created. After the crash once that json file is created the mod runs just fine the second time the file is run. Running on SMAPI 0.39.5.

Out of curiosity, do you have the source code somewhere available? Have you run this along with All Crops All Seasons? All Crops All Seasons saves all HoeDirts on the Farm map and resets them upon every new day in the winter--I don't know what you do with your saved data, but I just want to make sure that the two mods won't interfere.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                          • ThatNorthernMonkey

yeah I can push it to git, I haven't tested any of my mods with the pre-releases though and have suggested not to use my mods with them tbh. Only really supporting full releases, I'll have a look at TimeSpeed, AllCropsAllSeasons and NoSoilDecay and push my source to git now.

Edit: Yup getting the crash on leaving the house on a new game.

Edit #2: Hmmm for some inexplicable reason I was calling Deserialise() on AreaChanged before the file had been created. Brain fart. No crashes on new saves with 1.05. Apologies!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                            • ThatNorthernMonkey

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Thanks. I tested it with All Crops All Seasons myself, and it seems to work in winter without issue. I think since your mod merely re-adds a HoeDirt if it is missing from the list of previously saved HoeDirts, it shouldn't interfere with my mod.

• scaledwolf

scaledwolf Master Chief

Is this one going to be updated for 1.1.1?

jbeom likes this.