RELEASED [SMAPI] New machines (flour, sugar, vinegar, rice?)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Igorious, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

1st post for me on this forum...

I got this mod because I really wanted to be able to make my own flour (& etc.) from my own crops. I agree that it fills a hole that was in the base game.

I installed it and everything went well the first day. I left wheat being processed inside the mills & went off to other tasks. When next my character came back to collect the wheat flour, the machines were invisible! the end product "bubbles" were just hanging in air. I had more wheat in my inventory, so I tried to see if the invisible machines would work anyway.... i collected the flour from the bubbles & just felt around until something collected more wheat from what I was holding... it seems something is still there, & it still seems to process things. My character can not walk through the space where the mills originally were either.

I looked at the error logs, and they did note several lines about this mod, but I am completely unschooled in making heads or tails of what they are saying. Something about calls on DynamicApi... Is there somewhere I can send a copy of the error log?

I am using the mills inside a space created by another mod, where I have all my other machinery located. Its the one that adds a "basement" space to the farm cave & is very simple as such things go. All my other machinery works without demur.

I do have several other mods active in my game, but have never had any other trouble with conflicts.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    • shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

Nice, but how to use mixer?

• mamarty

mamarty Void-Bound Voyager

Help, getting an error I don't know how to fix. tried with 4.1.1. and 4.2.0 both give me:
        [12:27:19.024 PM] An exception occured in XNA LoadContent: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.GetDataCache(String assetPath, Boolean useTemporary)
        at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.LoadMainContentToGame()
        at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.<.ctor>b__0_0(Object s, EventArgs e)
        at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeLoadContent()

Once that happens, I see blank grey or white boxes for the new machines...can build one, but cant place etc...

Had fishing mod and trainer mod, removed...only thing left is ALL and this.. (ALL has Tego's maps)
        SMAPI 40.0

Thanks...sorry if this was answered, I saw a different error a few pages back...

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

I have the same problem... I looked it up in the error logs and got this sequence as well... after all mods had been found and registered...

[08:09:39.071 PM] Initializing Console Input Thread...
          [08:09:39.071 PM] Registered command: help
          [08:09:39.071 PM] SDV Loaded Into Memory
          [08:09:39.071 PM] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
          [08:09:39.162 PM] XNA Initialize
          [08:09:39.164 PM] XNA LoadContent
          [08:09:39.677 PM] [AdvancedLocationLoader/INFO] Loading data into memory and preparing Stardew Valley...
          [08:09:39.729 PM] [AdvancedLocationLoader/INFO] Finished the loading procedure, waiting for a savegame to be loaded
          [08:09:39.754 PM] An exception occured in XNA LoadContent: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.GetDataCache(String assetPath, Boolean useTemporary)
          at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.LoadMainContentToGame()
          at Igorious.StardewValley.DynamicAPI.Services.InformationService.<.ctor>b__0_0(Object s, EventArgs e)
          at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeLoadContent()
          [08:09:44.280 PM] Game Loaded
          [08:09:45.257 PM] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
          [08:09:52.300 PM] Game Execution Finished
          [08:09:52.300 PM] Shutting Down...

All I can think of, off hand, is that somehow ALL might interfere with the "new machines" mod... it seemed to be working OK until I added the ported version of Tego's Stardew Expansion. I really like both mods, it would be a shame to have to choose between them.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Object reference usually means that you're missing a file.

• mamarty

That makes sense, though I tried this with 4.1 and 4.2 and have Tegu's

Going to try it w/o ALL in there....

But if someone has both working, would love to hear it...this is what I have in Mods:
              Advanced Location Loader
              Igorious_New_Machines_Mod_4_2_0

I will try with just Igorious

Note

I have run successfully with
              ALL
              Fishing Mod
              MCM (Pierre's Store extension)

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

@taintedwheat: That's what I thought right off... but I uninstalled the New Machines Mod, re-downloaded it, and extracted it first into a separate folder so I could examine the zip file's contents. Everything that was included in the archive wound u in the correct place in my game files.

Still got the same results. I will also try it without ALL & Tego's mod, although I have already planted some of the added territory that Tego's provides. I hate to just lose all that.

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

Link to MCM? (Pierre's store extension)

• mamarty

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

did you do any reskin edits? where you might of accidently removed something from content? usually that's what happens to me when I get such. It's never actually the mods. @_@

• mamarty

(No, just download and copy...

If I do not install ALL and Tegu's, and More Crops Madness, it works just fine...cannot see how they are getting in each other's way yet..

Working on a new install, with just New Machines...working...adding back MCM, then Tegu's and see...which is the culprit..

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

Well, I bit the bullet & pulled ALL/Tego's out of my mod lineup... the New Machines mod works now. I have no idea what it is conflicting between the 2. I also wonder if I just stuck some aaaaa's in front of the new machines mod folder if the game would pick that up before the ALL mod? In other words, I wonder if the load order of the mods might be changed to solve this problem.

I do know that I tried to use CJB Automation in the roomy shed provided by Tego's Expansion, and it simply wouldn't work. There must be something in Tego's Expansion that applies a global fiat on what "machinery" does.

I know the New Machines mod will not work with CJB Automation, but these 2 mods can co-exist in the same area without conflict.

( I do like the Automation mod, since it's kind of a waste of a very short day to simply stand in front of a line of machines and wait for them to process stuff so more stuff can be put through the same process.)

I haven't even tried to do any modding on my own for this game, but it might be worthwhile to pick up enough "how-to's" to see what is going wrong here...

Maybe it's something I did? I know I had to overwrite some of Tego's mod as it was, with the new ported files so the whole thing could appear in my game....

I had no idea that a mod that added new territory could screw up the mechanics of areas unconnected to it, except at warp spots.

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

@mamarty: Just saw your new post... it's bound to be Tego's, since I did not have MCM installed. :))

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

Looking in the Tego's folder, I see one file that might be a candidate... its "objects.xnb" I took this to mean whatever new objects might be included in the expansion areas... it may repay further investigation.

• shaddo

shaddo Big Damn Hero

What I overlooked in re: Tego's expansion, is that it also changes the player's home farm map as well. Therefore, ALL overrides SV content manager substitutes what it believes should be "true" for that map... which leaves the New Machines dangling in some sort of limbo, pixel-wise. Apparently the machines, etc., (the actual underlying mechanics) still work, since I could get flour from invisible machines, but the representations of the machines are lost.

I tried using SVPM, hoping for a merged png/mod file, but that would not work either. I'm too ignorant of the code behind these things to hazard a guess on how to make them all play nicely together.

• RabidMuffins

RabidMuffins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, I'm stuck on one day because when I go to bed, I'm unlocking several of the new machines and it stretches it so much that I can't see the button to click next. No button I press progresses, either.

• Galaxis

Galaxis Space Hobo

Hello!
                                  Would you consider creating a new item - bigger chest? Or changing the original chest so it would accept much more items than 36? :)

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Yolanda_Qingxu Star Wrangler

I tried your great work.
                                    machines are very useful .
                                    espeacilly the idea of dryer!
                                    because i have no more speace in my farm to plant hay.

but i think the dryer could produce more hay in one time.
                                    i have to make more than 10 dryers and wait for a whole day to feed all my animals now.
                                    i will be very appreciate if you can raise production of dryer.
                                    hope you can understand me and forgive my poor english

• tenott

tenott Master Chief

levelup_problem.jpg

I'm playing vanilla + this mod and I faced this issue.
                                      I found I cannot make any progress since I cannot close this level-up window with any control.
                                      There's no scroll down for this window, and any resolution change or screen size change does not help.

Could you please notice me if this is a known issue?

ps : I solved this problem with [running the save file with vanilla -> level up farming -> save -> start in SMAPI]. Fortunately it came to work with vanilla save.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
                                        Yolanda_Qingxu likes this.