RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please vote, this affects the future of MorePets:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/11461066
    Currently I am doing some massive hacks to make the MorePets box work, but it has some flaws, by depending on EntoFramework not only can I get rid of the hacks, I can make the box work without those flaws.

Entoarox submitted a new mod:

More Pets - Because a single pet is never enough!

Read more about this mod...

For those to lazy to create a chucklefish forum account, this mod is also available on nexus, but no user-support will be provided through there:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/624

A preview of the 9 bundled cat and dog textures:
    preview.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] More Pets with a new update entry:

New stuff and bug fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

Vanilla version pets?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can simply add them as cat_X and dog_X (where x is the lowest unused number in the set) and then the mod will use them, I didnt see a reason to add the default skins since you are guaranteed that pet :p

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Lol, yeah, I kept the bundled skins to only ones that are actually cats or dogs, but you can indeed add whatever skins you want! :p

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Just find a pet mod that replaces either the dog or cat with one, then rename it cat_10 or dog_10 and add it to the pets folder in MorePets, when you next load the game the mod will detect the new skin, and you will have a random chance at finding it :p

009i66 likes this.
              • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Omg yes

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

You are a wonderful human being I have been wanting this mod for ages.

• Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

This will be one of my favorite mods. I waited so long to have cat and dog on my farm! Thank you!

• justwanttolurk

justwanttolurk Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so fascinated with the potential of this mod! Unfortunately, when I have it (and only it; without it everything works fine), right-clicking with my mouse (or hitting A on an xbox controller) boots me out of the game entirely. No other SMAPI mod that I've got seems to do this. I've included my error log in case I'm doing something obviously wrong. Super excited for the mod and thanks for making it!

EDIT: ...should've lurked more! Just needed to wait for the game to start and verify that the gamepad was active. No more issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
                      • Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

I've encountered this glitch in the mod, I have a ton of mods so I'll just see if anyone has any idea whats causing it... (I can still buy animals if I click on it and everything)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, it looks like another mod is messing up my dark magic :p
                          I do not think there is anything I can do to fix it on my end, since the way I got things to work there is not really how things are supposed to be done :p

• Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

That's fine! I'll still continue to use it anyway, it's just too awesome X3

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm going to have such a weird farm because of this mod lmao!!!! Pokemon running everywhere, juminos, all kinds of other stuff in the forums. So just put cat_# as i add them to the list?

• whereislaurita

whereislaurita Void-Bound Voyager

is there a picture of the pets? im very curious how they look ; v ;

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

How do I set an adoption fee?

• eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Adopting a pet on someone's birthday does something weird:
                                    Error.png
                                    Mousing over the day crashes the game :U

Edit: The crash is caused by "GiftTasteHelper".

I also confirmed (on a new save with no other mods) that adopting a pet adds it to the calendar.
                                    Petday.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                                    • Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

I noticed another strange behavior / issue / glitch:
                                      With "more pets" in my mods folder the game ends without warning, when I am in the start menu and do a right click. Nothing really bad. Luckily it doesn't end in game itself. I just wanted to let you know :)