RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I ended up finding it, thank goodness! I wouldn't be able to physically kill them so I wanted them to just vanish like little spookasauruses instead through fiddling with the codes.

I appreciate the help!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Well, technically it just despawns them :p But I call it killing so people dont go around doing it all the time :p

Sennet likes this.
      • armony

armony Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty new to modding and I'm trying to get this one to work. The box shows up at the train station, but it's always empty. Tried loading the game without any mods but MorePets and the framework but still no pets in the box. Ideas?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I need your log from after you load a save game, also a copy of your config.json

• armony

armony Void-Bound Voyager

Started another day and it worked! Just had bad luck for a few days I guess. Thanks for the great mod!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, that is technically possible... although REALLY unlikely with the default settings, you must have gotten *VERY* unlucky....

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

What if we start getting too many pets and want to get rid of a few? o,o

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You have to brutally murder them all, muhahahahahaha! :pfff::viking:

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Just a quick question - sorry if it's been answered before in the thread - does the friendship level of these multiple pets count in Grandpa's evaluation on Year 3 Spring 1, or only that of the default first pet?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

A long config later... I added 14 new cats and 15 new dogs to my game. I hope I don't regret this. xD

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I checked the code, due to how CA handles finding the pet, MorePets pets can affect the evaluation score.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

By making it easier or harder?

• quirkyquark

Thanks, I assume the first pet found (which could be any if you have multiple) is what counts?

I'd guess a little harder, since any pet is randomly selected as "the pet" by Grandpa, so all pets must be at 4+ hearts if you want that one point in the evaluation.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is correct, the first pet found is treated as "the pet", since CA's code is setup so you can only have one pet normally.
                              I will consider making it so MorePets pets will have "shared" hearts values with the default pet, but all the same, you could just delay adopting extra pets until gramps has given you your reward.

Minakie likes this.
                              • quirkyquark

Not a bug, more like a side-effect of sorts: on the first day after loading a save, the spouse "filled pet's bowl" dialogue says I also filled the farm's water bowl.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
                                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Why is that a bug? o_O It is a pet water bowl that you're filling, not a food bowl. I had to mod my game to turn the water bowl into a water/food bowl.
                                  [​IMG]

• quirkyquark

Notice I underlined "the farm's" -- instead of saying <Pet>'s water bowl, the spouse says the Farm's water bowl. On the following days, the spouse will correctly use the pet's name as shown in your profile.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe by "the farm's" bowl she just means the bowl that is in the farm? I don't know, English is hard sometimes. xD

• quirkyquark

For multiple pets, I'd prefer "pet water bowl" or "pets' water bowl", but I guess you're right too...after all the only water bowl the farm has is for the pets :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is done when the game is unable to find any pets, aka, it is meant to happen if you have no pet.