RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, didn't realize this mod existed! I recently added another pet by doubling the cat's code and replace it with "dog" but I'm having the problem of them sitting/sleeping on top of each other next to the bowl and other places. Does this happen with this mod too? Or do the pets stay in different places?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, due to SMAPI limits they do the same with this mod :(

• Yeonyi

Yeonyi Tentacle Wrangler

Does it already work on Stardew Valley 1.11? So far I don´t see a box near the minecart and I was wondering why

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This was written for 1.11, if you do not see a box post your log so I can figure out why the mod isnt getting activated.

• Yeonyi

Yeonyi Tentacle Wrangler

see i have tested 2 versions: 1. extract te whole folder to my mods file, which i received because of installing SMAPI
            2. copy the files from "pets" folder to the stardew valley contents animal folder
            Both ends in the same way.

Attached Files:

• Ardalis

Ardalis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do you have Entoarox framework?, cuz if you dont have it the mod wont work.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You dont have the framework installed, and MorePets requires it

Also, next time post the log file rather then a pdf-ified screenshot....

• I can't find it.

• Yeonyi

Yeonyi Tentacle Wrangler

Entoarox likes this.
                  • Dimmed

Dimmed Yeah, You!

Okay so I got the framework and MorePets. The box loads in and everything, but I've tried going to it every day for a whole season (Month game time) and every day it says the box was empty. I also tried to use the spawnpet command but all it has as far as pets go is "kill_pets".. Is there something I'm missing?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Did you check your config? the values might not have generated properly, it should be impossible for no pets to show up for a whole month if you only just installed it, unless the config didnt generate properly.

• Dimmed

Dimmed Yeah, You!

I don't have a config file in my folder. Is there a way to get it to appear?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Downgrade to the last 0.40 build of SMAPI to get it to generate, then upgrade back to the 1.1 build, configs seem to have some issues in the 1.x branch >_>

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

@Dimmed, are you using Stardew Valley Package Manager by chance? If you are upgrade it to the newest version inside of SVPM. There was a bug that messes with configs and erases them after an update of SMAPI. It is now fixed though.

• Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Crash today, easy to reproduce: Move back and forth between the Farm and BusStop.

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardew Valley\Mods\MorePets\box.png' because it is being used by another process.

Code:
                              at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                                at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
                                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
                                at Entoarox.Framework.SmartContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
                                at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Display\XnaDisplayDevice.cs:line 94
                                at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Map.cs:line 309
                                at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2964
                                at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1598
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 334

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

And you are using the latest version correct?

Edit: Issue found, uploading a patched EntoFramework that should solve the issue now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
                                • library_witch713

library_witch713 Space Hobo

I'm a total noob at this kind of thing, and I'm not sure what I've done wrong, but I put the files in their proper place, but no box. Help :,( And what is the entoframework thing. That may be my issue.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is a separate mod you need to download and install.

• library_witch713

library_witch713 Space Hobo

Thank you.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any way at all to disown a dog/cat from this mod? I only say that because now I have too many running around because I'm basically just a sentient trashcan and I adopted too many LMAO.

I thought of maybe deleting it from my SaveFile Data, but I'm unable to find them in there, hnng.