RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. yian2922

yian2922 Orbital Explorer

That is UIModSuite

Hammurabi likes this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

It's this mod here, but it hasn't been updated to work with SMAPI 1.9 yet: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1023/?

Hammurabi likes this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to make the sounds only apply to some of the dogs and cats? or is it a thing I'll have to deal with. I made a ferret for my folder and named it Dog_X and now of course it barks. Should I have just done Cat_X instead or since I don't actually plan on having any dogs in game, can I find a way to delete the sound file for the barking?

• FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

• TheTiniestBean

TheTiniestBean Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so I tried to uninstall the mod because it was honestly kind of a pain to have tons of pets running about, but the game did something weird and now I just have a bunch of vanilla cats and a bunch of dogs. Anyway I can fix this? I can show a pic if needed

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Nothing weird about it, the vanilla game doesnt know about the custom skins, so as far as SDV is concerned, you have a army of clone cats & dogs.

Use the console command build into MorePets to remove all extra pets before uninstalling.

• kingbertie

kingbertie Void-Bound Voyager

hello, how do i install it as i cannot get it to work i dont have the box in the corner

• kingbertie

how do i get my error report from the api log when i log in ?

• kingbertie

please ignore me guys i followed the comments from start to finish found my error, the comments dont answer it but he lead me to the entoaroxFramework and that solved it, at first it froze my game upon loading but i see he has updated the framework so no more issues :):):) BUZZING FOR MY DOG ARMY

• Kittni

Kittni Void-Bound Voyager

How exactly do we activate the console commands? I've enabled the Debug mode in the config file but I don't really understand how to bring up the debug menu?

Edit: Oops, figured it out myself and feel rather silly now. If anyone else is confused once you've enabled debug mode you just type the command you want to use into the SMAPI window (i.e. the black window with the text that runs parallel to the game on start-up) and hit enter

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
                    • Girlfromcloud9

Girlfromcloud9 Space Hobo

Alright, I am not a super pro at this whole modding thing, I'm pretty good but sometimes I struggle on my own, I have the mod downloaded and activated but I know there is somethings I'm missing if someone could give me a low down on how to get this working I would appreciate that. I can't find any explanation anywhere and I would really like to use this mod

• kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know if anyone asked this but does the type of pet (cat or dog) that i get depends on what I choose in the begining of the game or I can get a cat one day and a dog on other?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are able to get both, with a different random pet being selected from the pool every day.

kaneroo likes this.
                          • I cant belive I didn't find this sooner :0 Thanks for this :^)

• vhedelin

vhedelin Void-Bound Voyager

Ah.. I can't seem to get it to work. Once I start the StardewModdingAPI, it says "The More Pets mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly."

I pasted the manifest.json and morepets.dll to the trainermod folder and all the cat_1 and stuff to the animal folder.. sorry, it's my first time trying, so maybe I did it wrong? please help.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

full log or I cant help you.

• helena

helena Intergalactic Tourist

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #ecec15} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[21:45:58 WARN SMAPI] The More Pets mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EntoaroxFramework, Version=1.6.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'EntoaroxFramework, Version=1.6.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods (StardewModdingAPI.Framework.IModMetadata[] mods, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Serialisation.JsonHelper jsonHelper, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager contentManager, IList`1 deprecationWarnings) <0x1674f2520 + 0x014e7> in <filename unknown>:0

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Install Entoarox Framework....

• helena

helena Intergalactic Tourist

i put the framework in my mod folder, not sure if that's correct? i got this error and it refused to load my gamefile.

"
                                      p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #ff3b1d} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[19:24:50 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:

Failed loading type '': System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.

at MorePets.MorePetsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick (System.Object s, System.EventArgs e) <0x176ce2c50 + 0x00743> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x11904d250 + 0x001cc> in <filename unknown>:0

Failed loading type '': System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.

at MorePets.MorePetsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick (System.Object s, System.EventArgs e) <0x176ce2c50 + 0x00743> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x11904d250 + 0x001cc> in <filename unknown>:0

[19:24:50 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Volumes/Seagate Exp/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/Resources/Content/paths_objects_MorePetsTilesheet.xnb".

File name: '/Volumes/Seagate Exp/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/Resources/Content/paths_objects_MorePetsTilesheet.xnb'

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x111de86c0 + 0x007fc> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) <0x111de8650 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) <0x111de84e0 + 0x0004a> in <filename unknown>:0

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream (System.String safeName) <0x119101830 + 0x00035> in <filename unknown>:0

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream (System.String name) <0x1190f99f0 + 0x0008d> in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x1192171b0 + 0x00135> in <filename unknown>:0

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) <0x119216c20 + 0x001c5> in <filename unknown>:0

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x119216990 + 0x00156> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x119216820 + 0x00112> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x119213a40 + 0x000b8> in <filename unknown>:0

at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet (xTile.Tiles.TileSheet tileSheet) <0x1781eb2c0 + 0x00034> in <filename unknown>:0

at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets (IDisplayDevice displayDevice) <0x1781eb1d0 + 0x0006c> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.setGraphicsForSeason () <0x17ddd8000 + 0x003f1> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () <0x177caa2b0 + 0x00e79> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) <0x176cd28a0 + 0x000ad> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x1768f13e0 + 0x035a6> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x161baf890 + 0x02451> in <filename unknown>:0

"