RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Brenin

Brenin Void-Bound Voyager

IT WORKED! Thank you so much! This will be so much fun :rofl:

• Brenin

But one more question... How do i make it so the pets show up more often in the box
      In other words... where is the config file?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The config file is automatically generated next to the dll once you first run the game with the mod installed.

• Brenin

Thank you so much! This is probably the best help i have ever had with a mod. Thanks a ton +1!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I have a question. If I have 30 pets being loaded by this mod, but want to adopt a specific one for a specific save, or want to adopt them in a specific order, is there a way to do that?
            For instance, I start my game with a dog and I want to adopt a cat but, when I go to the box, there's another dog in there. If I don't adopt it and go back the next day, will it still be the same pet in the box or will it be a new random pet?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The system is setup so a random pet is chosen each day, by default the config is setup so as you adopt more pets, the chance for the box to be empty on a certain day increases.
              You can adjust the config to your liking, but a new random pet skin will be selected each day, of course, this does mean that it sometimes will select the same skin multiple days in a row :)

Minakie likes this.
              • cannibalcabbage

cannibalcabbage Void-Bound Voyager

How do I return the pets? I have too many and I want to get different ones:geek:;

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

enable debug mode in the config, that enables a console command to let you remove all extra pets added by MorePets.

Minakie likes this.
                  • Djpuppyandfriends

Djpuppyandfriends Void-Bound Voyager

hello i just got the more pets mod but nothing came up did i do something wrong all the other mods i have are working is there anyway to fix this

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log

• morrigne

morrigne Void-Bound Voyager

So, I've got the mod working as far as the box showing up and the opening log not having any errors, but the box has been consistently empty for about two weeks of game time and I'm not sure if I'm not still going wrong somewhere. Should I be getting a response when I click the box regardless of whether a pet is available or only when there is one?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Most likely you have been very unlucky, there is some randomness involved in if there will be a pet in the box, and while it is unlikely, it is possible for the box to be empty for a long time.

Keep in mind that as you adopt more pets, this chance (by default) increases, as a natural way of limiting pet adoptions that could lag your game.

• Djpuppyandfriends

it said it failed on entry maybe its because i'm working with the new SMAPI Update?
                            it also said system.10.filenotfoundexception could not load file or assembly entoaoxframework

• Djpuppyandfriends

omg i got it to work :rofl: this is a great mod! if you up for more mod ideas maybe you can make a mod so you can add more farm animals!

• cannibalcabbage

cannibalcabbage Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not entirely sure how to do that:geek:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I will see about setting up a system where you can select a adopted pet and have it be "adopted" by someone else....

Minakie likes this.
                                  • Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Love the mod, it's just rather unfortunate that ALL the pets decide to occupy the same single tile outside the house (their outdoor bed/mat... thing) every day. And with lots of pets this starts to get REALLY absurd. :F

Still, I love having them all snoozing in different parts of my house during rainy days. Fills up the space I never use with something adorable - A+. ;]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, due to how the pet AI works, there is little I can do about that, trust me, I tried, unless someone else manages to figure out a way to deal with the build-in AI without completely redoing it, this is what it has to be...

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Is the area they sit on the farm map defined specifically by their AI's by grid coordinates, or is it based on that specific tile that is placed where they sit?

If the latter, you could try putting some more "pet spot" tiles around the farm map and see what happens. :]

---
                                        Also I noticed one other weird quirk of this mod: the pet that is listed on your stats page when you open up the menus seems to be random. Each day it is a different pet lol.

*I don't mind this, I just figured I'd mention it while I was here. :F

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The sit area is at a fixed x,y position hardcoded in the "Move pet to sleep spot" method, not something I can easily mess with...

Yeah, that is due to how CA finds the pet, his code just looks through all NPC's on the map, and as soon as it finds a pet returns that, so what pet it shows is almost completely random.