RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. JohnTR

JohnTR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't seem to look anything up after the 1.7 update. The Config says the key is F1 but nothing appears when I hover the mouse over anything. No errors in the API console either.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JohnTR

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JohnTR

It works, but it looks like I'm gonna have to take a break because my other mods will need to be updated. Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JohnTR: SMAPI 1.1 should run older mods fine. If some mods aren't compatible with SMAPI 1.1, we can probably fix that in SMAPI to avoid breaking them. Could you post your latest log, so I can see what issues you're having?

• JohnTR

Well I'm assuming that they were the problem because if I launch the api shortly after launching it previously it will stop working and crash.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JohnTR: one of your mods was affected by a change in SMAPI 1.0. Please try the attached version and let me know if that fixes it. If you still have issues, please attach your latest log.

Attached Files:

• JohnTR

Sorry for late response, internet died so I just went to bed. It didn't work, I'm still getting the same issue. Also, when I tried to extract and run the installer, windows was trying to warn me not to run it as it may be a virus. It hasn't done that with the previous versions.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JohnTR: Windows can be pretty finicky about executables. I'll look into code signing for a future version, which will hopefully prevent that. For now you should have the option to run the installer anyway, or you can install SMAPI manually if you prefer.

Can you post your latest log after trying again with the 1.1.1-alpha?

• JohnTR

Here

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's a new issue, but it'll take a bit more time to look into. I'll get back to you with a new version soon. :)

• JohnTR

Cool :) Thanks for the help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JohnTR Can you send me a zip containing your Forage at the Farm mod directory?

• JohnTR

Sure. Here is a link to the mod I got it from if it helps
                          http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/673/?

By the way, I've been without internet all day so my replies are going to be a little late. I'm sending this now because I'm using my personal hotspot on my phone.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JohnTR: the attached version should fix the compatibility issues. Do all your mods work with this version?

Attached Files:

• JohnTR

That did the trick. Thanks again!

Pathoschild likes this.
                              • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

I am having trouble now with Lookup anything 1.7. I have the game running, but when I try to look up a crop, I get an error. I have deleted the mod and downloaded it again and reinstalled it and I am still get the error.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ladysarajane Can you send me a copy of your save files, and describe which crop causes an error? Do all crops fail, or only some of them?

• BenchWorker

BenchWorker Intergalactic Tourist

Hey there, I'm not sure what went wrong but I can't seem to lookup anything. The error log states that the data.json file is corrupt, and I have replaced it with another download to no avail. Could you explain to me what's wrong and what do I need to do?

Attached Files: