RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. littlellama

littlellama Space Hobo

Thank you for the quick reply, @Pathoschild. I tried changing the button to "F", and it worked! Unfortunately, pressing "F" also brings up the journal. So then I tried both "Q" and "R" and unfortunately neither of them work!

• AR-FA

AR-FA Space Hobo

Just started using this mod and it makes the game so much better! Thanks for this mod. Being able to casually lookup stuff in game is so convenient. I love that it not only lists the loves and likes of each character, but also indicates if you have the item on you or in your inventory back at your base. Totally speeds up the game in that I don't need to slow down to look stuff up any more. Thank you!

Pathoschild likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@littlellama: I forgot to reply to your last message, sorry! If you haven't figured it out, feel free to come ask on Discord and we'll help you get it working.

• Fortnight

Fortnight Tentacle Wrangler

Just had to come back to say that -- among many others of course -- the liked/loved gifts feature, which not only grays out things you don't have, but green-texts things that are in your personal inventory, is so good I could cry. Not to mention that it's integrated for both individual items, and the social list. Appreciation overflowing.

I also recently realized that you made SkipIntro as well (among others), which for filthy, save-scumming, mildly OCD, botched-"legit"-first-playthrough vermin like myself, is truly a godsend.

And to top it off, wanting to give you much deserved financial support, I Googled "Pathoschild donate", found your Patreon (and your Nexus donate page, which I didn't even know was a thing). . . and learned that you wrote SMAPI!! I'm ashamed that this fact escaped my notice until now. I don't even care about the rewards. I'm just glad to be able to somewhat compensate you for the sheer awesomeness of your amazing contributions. Praise you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
            Pathoschild likes this.
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Oops, I forgot to mention the release two weeks ago:

Lookup Anything 1.12 is now available! Changes in this release:
            • Updated to SMAPI 1.9.
            • Added support for Stardew Valley 1.11 until 1.2 is released.
            • Fixed incorrect sell price shown for equipment.
            • Fixed incorrect fruit tree quality info.
            • Fixed rare error caused by duplicate NPC names.
            • Fixed furniture/wallpaper being shown as potential recipe ingredients.
            And today's release:

Lookup Anything 1.12.1 is now available! This fixes an error when you lookup a villager from the calendar in Stardew Valley 1.2 beta.​

Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, it's work :)

Pathoschild likes this.
              • Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you!

• yagizandro

yagizandro Space Hobo

The mod used to work fine but after i downloaded some other mods it stopped working now i deleted those mods and it still doesnt work :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• nerdy nina

nerdy nina Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some trouble with this mod...It worked fine before I updated everything and now it and another mod won't work. every time i run the game the SMAPI log says "ERROR SMAPI] skipped LookUp Anything because it's not compatible with the latest version of the game". I'm not playing a beta version of stardew valley and i have the most recent versions of both SMAPI and LUA installed so I'm not sure why its telling me to install a version of LookUp anything newer than 1.10.1 when I have 1.13 installed.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nerdy nina Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the mod installed. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, can you reply with your latest SMAPI log?

• nerdy nina

here's a screen shot of the log, I don't have the previous versions of these files installed anymore...for some reason, it just won't recognize the updated files

Attached Files:

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

If I were you I'd just delete the lookup anything version you have, and download the most current one to be sure. Maybe the manifest didn't copy over when you updated it? Better to be safe than sorry, that'll fix whatever it is.

• nerdy nina

So I tried deleting and reinstalling lookup anything and that didn't work....so then i tried completely uninstalling smapi and then putting lookup anything back in and its still not working. im getting the exact same error as before

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• nerdy nina

here's my mods folder (sorry it took so long I had an update hit)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nerdy nina You seem to have two copies of the game:
                                • SMAPI is running in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley.
                                • That mod folder is in (hidden)\Steam\Stardew Valley.
                                Try deleting the extra game folder, and updating SMAPI + mods in the one that's left.

Voltaic123 likes this.
                                • nerdy nina

sooo....i deleted the folder in (hidden)\Steam\Stardew Valley and somehow it created a whole new problem...the text in the smapi log is scrolling at about a mile a minute

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nerdy nina That looks like a known bug in the latest version of Stardew Valley; a lot of players have been getting that error. I suggest posting to the support section of the forums, and I'll help you there if I can. :)