RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Just wanted to thank you for adding the data mining feature...invaluable for devs & stat nerds!

Also, the actual friendship max appears to be 3499 for spouse/2749 for other NPC:
    [​IMG]

Pathoschild likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@quirkyquark The game doesn't limit friendship points, they'll keep increasing past the maximum. The maximum is the point at which the heart meter maxes out and they stop having any further effect, though. You'll find lots of weird things like that in the underlying data. :)

quirkyquark likes this.
      • BroCube

BroCube Orbital Explorer

And this is exactly the kind of stuff I want to test. You're a dream, @Pathoschild !

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks! Agreed with the weirdness and the maxing out, although there is the "hidden" 13th heart/stardrop with your spouse - where IIRC Lookup Anything does correctly tell you "249 points to next...." when at 12 hearts. My sample size is one and I have not decompiled the code, but it seems from the savefile and continued gifting past 10/13 hearts that the game does eventually cap friendship points at maxhearts*250+249.

• gwynhefar

gwynhefar Void-Bound Voyager

So today, out of nowhere, when I loaded my game I started getting errors when I tried to look up things. Error log below. Any ideas?

[13:40:05 TRACE LookupAnything] Received a lookup request... searching the open 'GameMenu' menu... showing ItemSubject::Cooking::Omelet.
            [13:40:05 TRACE LookupAnything] Received a lookup request... searching the open 'GameMenu' menu... an error occurred.
            [13:40:05 ERROR LookupAnything] Something went wrong looking that up:
            System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
            at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.GameHelper.GetGiftTastes(Item item, Metadata metadata) in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\LookupAnything\GameHelper.cs:line 214
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Framework.Subjects.ItemSubject.GetGiftTastes(Item item, Metadata metadata) in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\LookupAnything\Framework\Subjects\ItemSubject.cs:line 486
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Framework.Subjects.ItemSubject.<GetData>d__7.MoveNext() in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\LookupAnything\Framework\Subjects\ItemSubject.cs:line 266
            at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
            at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
            at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Components.LookupMenu..ctor(ISubject subject, Metadata metadata, IMonitor monitor, IReflectionHelper reflectionHelper, Int32 scroll, Boolean showDebugFields) in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\LookupAnything\Components\LookupMenu.cs:line 83
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.LookupAnythingMod.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<ShowLookup>b__0() in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\LookupAnything\LookupAnythingMod.cs:line 285
            at Pathoschild.Stardew.Common.CommonHelper.InterceptErrors(IMonitor monitor, String verb, String detailedVerb, Action action, Action`1 onError) in D:\source\_Stardew\Pathoschild.StardewMods\Common\CommonHelper.cs:line 197

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• gwynhefar

gwynhefar Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I have XNB mods but nothing that I've changed or added since yesterday when it was working. Time for another round of verifying game integrity and adding them back one by one until I find the culprit.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.11-beta is now available (see attached). This version adds support for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta. This is for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta and SMAPI 1.9 only; it won't work with earlier versions. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
                • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Super! Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Fortnight

Fortnight Tentacle Wrangler

Insanely helpful mod, obviously. Huge thanks for this.

I looked through the thread & didn't see this mentioned, so maybe it's something on my end, but for me it shows the sell prices for weapons (edit: also rings & footwear) as double what they actually are. Is this a bug, or am I just missing something, or. . .? I'm using the Steam version with SMAPI 1.8/Lookup Anything 1.10.1.

Edit 2: Awwwwwwesome. Thank you, Pathos.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
                      Pathoschild likes this.
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Fortnight likes this.
                    • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Can't believe I went for so long without installing this mod. Thanks!

Pathoschild likes this.
                      • Talmatia

Talmatia Void-Bound Voyager

HI, for some reason when I hit F1 I don't it the look up. I haven't gotten an error saying that something it wrong with the mod. And I have the newest version that isn't the beta but it's not working

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Talmatia

@Pathoschild ok, I tried it again. When I hit F1 it opens a Word doc. Here is the error log.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Talmatia

@Pathoschild I figured it out. I have a wireless keyboard with a function key it was enabled. I feel so silly. Thank you!!!

Pathoschild likes this.
                            • littlellama

littlellama Space Hobo

Hi - this looks like a great mod, thank you!

I'm having some trouble getting the mod to work - I'm running Stardew Valley on a Mac through Steam. I downloaded SMAPI and saved the LookupAnything files to the Mods folder in the Stardew Valley folder, and when I open the game it appears to open through the modding console with no problems. However, nothing happens! This is my first experience with modding, and in Mac it seems a lot more complicated than on a PC so it wouldn't surprise me if I did something wrong along the way!

I've attached the latest error log - it definitely looks like things aren't working properly. :(

Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @littlellama. That error means the update check timed out, but the mod should work fine anyway. On Mac you often need to press a function key to get F1 to work. You can also change F1 to another button that's easier to use on Mac (basically edit the config.json file, and change F1 to another key).