RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ShneekeyTheLost: I added a ticket to look into that for the upcoming 1.8 release. :)

@JojiSama: your mod files are locked for some reason. Try rebooting your computer in case an open process locked the file. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Lookup Anything to replace the files.

• JojiSama

JojiSama Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the quick reply.I actually re-installed the mod and it works great now.^-^

Pathoschild likes this.
      • vixenk99

vixenk99 Tentacle Wrangler

This is the first mod that I've ever downloaded and used and I love it! Thanks so much :)

Pathoschild likes this.
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.8 is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Note:
          • This version requires the latest SMAPI 1.3.
          • If you play on Linux or Mac, there's no longer a separate version for you. The one package is compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
          Changes:
          • Added museum donations to item 'needed for' field.
          • You can now lookup things behind trees when you're behind them.
          • You can now close the lookup UI by clicking outside it.
          • Updated to SMAPI 1.3.
          • Fixed incorrect farmer luck message when the spirits are feeling neutral.
          • Fixed social menu lookup sometimes showing the wrong villager.
          Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

• ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

I got this error message today.

Edit: Look through the thread and found someone with the same error as me. Should I also send you my save file too?
            bug.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ScalesofGrey: that seems to be a rare bug in Stardew Valley; I'll add a workaround in the upcoming 1.9 release so it no longer affects LookupAnything. In the meantime, send me a zip of your save folder (the one like JonSnow_123456789) and I'll fix it for you.

ScalesofGrey likes this.
              • ScalesofGrey

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• ScalesofGrey

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you post your full error log? (Make sure the error happened during your last session, or it won't appear in the log.)

• ScalesofGrey

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ScalesofGrey I have a potential fix in the upcoming 1.9 release. Does the same issue happen with the attached version?

[edit: preview build removed, see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
                  • ScalesofGrey

@Pathoschild Try as I might, I couldn't get the error to happen again!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ScalesofGrey Thanks for reporting it. I think the fix in 1.9 should make sure it can't happen anymore. :)

ScalesofGrey likes this.
                      • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed the controller option in the config but was wondering how you map a button to it? What do we have to type in the spot for controller buttons?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@GreenWombat: Here's the list of valid buttons. For example, if you want to use the left shoulder button to toggle the lookup menu, you should have this in your config.json:
                          Code:
                            "Controller": {
                              "ToggleLookup": "LeftShoulder",
                              "ScrollUp": "",
                              "ScrollDown": "",
                              "ToggleDebug": ""
                            },

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you :)

• atbenedict

atbenedict Seal Broken

Hi- love the mod, and am just getting rolling with the game so it's awesome to be able to learn about the game IN GAME!

My current (and probably very simplistic) issue is this: I'm modifying the config.json file to alter the key bind for lookup (want to switch from "F1" to "v"). Save the file, all is dandy. Start up game, and the F1 key bind is still the active one. This is using the new MacBook Pro, where I don't have a dedicated F1 button, so yeah, it would be cool to solve this :)

EDIT: Also wanted to add that the terminal screen at startup is listing the "default" settings for keybinding as being loaded (although it's enumerating F1 to 112, but you get the point). I also changed the name of the config.json file I was editing, and the mod created a new one with the correct name at startup in the mod folder. So... Is the Mac mod merely looking to see that the .json file is there, but not reading it?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@atbenedict Thanks for reporting it; I improved the key handling in the upcoming 1.9 release. In the meantime, you can change "v" to "V" (uppercase) to fix the issue. :)

• atbenedict

atbenedict Seal Broken

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.22.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.25.29 PM.png
                                  Thanks for the speedy reply- I had actually tried the capital "V" last night as well. I'm gonna try to show you my illustrative screen caps to show you what's going on...

EDIT: And sorry about the ginormous picture!