RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BenchWorker: that error usually means the data.json file is missing or wasn't updated properly. If you use a mod manager, they sometime don't update the file for some reason. Try redownloading the mod, and manually copying the data.json file into your Mods/LookupAnything directory.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Sent you a link to download the file. It involves all crops. I thought at first it was because I had Stephan's Lots of Crops on it at one time, but on a save file that never had it, it does the same thing. I can look up trees, animals, people....just not crops.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks. It works fine for me with your save, so the data is okay. If you use a mod manager, try manually downloading the mod and updating the files; it seems you might be missing some of the latest file updates.

• Ladysarajane

Thank you for checking the file I appreciate it! I tried running the mod with just the SMAPI API and it still didn't want to run. After deleting and reinstalling and playing with it a while, I found that I needed a empty folder in the %appdata% with the mod name and the actual mod in the Stardew Valley Folder to get it to run. Not sure why it needs the empty folder with the name in %appdata%, but Smapi wouldn't even see the mod in the Steam Directory unless I did. Now it runs with both the SMAPI api and with the Package Manager. :) I will let New Species know about the file not being installed correctly with Stardew Valley Package Manager.

• Pianobeats

Pianobeats Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having the same problem, can you tell me the exact steps to make it work? Where exactly did you place the empty folder?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pianobeats

Yes, I do use it.

• Ladysarajane

Yes, I think it is SVPM and I informed NewSpecies on SVPM topic about this and if post too, it might help. To get it running, I unzipped Lookup Anything and put that file in my Steam-Stardew Valley Mod folder. Then I went to my %appdata% Stardew Valley Mod folder and made a file and Named it Lookup Anything (same as the file in the Steam mod folder, only left it empty. I went into Smapi API and started it and went into my game and made sure the config file wrote, and that Lookup Anything was working. (Shortcut for the Smapi API is in the Steam Stardew Valley folder. It should load it and the rest of the mods too.) Exit the game. Now you can Stardew Valley Package Manager and add Lookup Anything by pointing it to the Zip folder. It will reinstall it into the mod folder, but the files it normally doesn't extract will be there now, so it doesn't make it difference, and the config shouldn't be touched either, it should remain intact. Now Lookup Anything should be there in the SVPM.

@Pathoschild - SVPM has changed where the mods are now extracted too and there was an update to move mods from the %appdata mod folder to the Stardew Valley mod folder. I never had problems with SVPM until recently when the mods were moved in the recent versions. The only mods SVPM has been having problems that I know of so far is with Lookup Anything and Framework. (Framework because of the ! in the file name to try to make it load first.)

Pianobeats and Pathoschild like this.
                • Pianobeats

@Ladysarajane

Thanks, it worked. :) I manually extracted the zip file in my "Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods". I already had an empty folder in my SVPM mod folder so I didn't need to make another one.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                  • Ladysarajane

Glad it worked for you. Not sure why SVPM wants an empty folder there...but it works.

• BenchWorker

BenchWorker Intergalactic Tourist

well, that didn't work but thanks, I think I'll just have to manually download the mods then.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BenchWorker: Which mod manager do you use? I wonder if you're having the same issue as Ladysarajane above.

• A Bloodied Rose

A Bloodied Rose Lucky Number 13

Messing with SMAPI for the first time, since I'm not the brightest when it comes to modding games outside of the Steam Workshop. And I gotta say, this mod being my first to test is amazing! I love the convenience of this, being able to check stuff without having to look up on the wiki to see what people like, or how long it takes to grow. Also helps to save energy when it comes to seeing how long it takes for the next growth when reaching the end of the season, and to see how pets are coming along!

Thanks a bunch for the wonderful mod!

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • Alphablackwolf

Alphablackwolf Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod! The only request/suggestion I have is if you could add whether or not an artifact has already been donated to the museum. I keep forgetting what I have already donated and I frequently go to donate a load of items only to realize all but one (and sometimes none) of them I already donated and forgot I ever got them.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Alphablackwolf: Thanks for the suggestion; I'll add that in the upcoming 1.8 release to make it more clear. In the meantime, you can check the item description: if it says Gunther can tell you more about it, you haven't donated that one yet. :)

• Alphablackwolf

Alphablackwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Oh! Derp, I never realized that text went away when it was already donated, thanks!

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

First off, I really enjoy your mod. It keeps me from having to page back over to the wiki every other day or so. However, there's one bit of feedback I would like to provide...

In my greenhouse, I've got thirty pomegranate trees. The canopies are rather large, and they frequently overshadow the other crops growing under their boughs, preventing me from using F1 to check on the status of the filler crops. Perhaps you could tweak the trees to be a bit more selective with where your cursor needs to be to see them?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hmm. I could maybe make it so Lookup Anything ignores trees when they go semi-transparent (when you're behind them).

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

That would work nicely

• JojiSama

JojiSama Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Guys,
                                        Im new here so I really dont know how to share error logs but today I started my game and the mod "Lookupanything" crashed eventhough the game still worked.The lookupanything mod was working fine yesterday but now it gives an error stating "Couldn't load mod for manifest.....".
                                        You guys helping out would be so great!

P.S I overwrited the Character,strings folder.Maybe it is causing the crash?

Attached Files:

• blu.jpg
                                            blu.jpg
                                            File size:
                                            310.7 KB
                                            Views: