RELEASED [SMAPI] Harvest With Scythe 1.06

Harvest all crops and flowers with Scythe only

1. LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

Same for me. I get experience for the same type of crops only if planted after mod removal.

• Quostin

Quostin Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that you only get experience from time to time from it. Not sure if you only get experience in bulk, because it doesn't look like it from one.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Does anyone know if the older versions still give experience and still work?

• JoeShmo

JoeShmo Void-Bound Voyager

Interestingly enough, it seems that CJB Cheat Menu's version of scythe harvesting also doesn't give xp when you gather with it.

Seems like a systemic issue with how gathering crops awards xp and/or neither mod spent the time to make sure the created conditions to award xp for gathering with the scythe.

• spiritslive99

spiritslive99 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting farming experience just fine with this mod- not sure why some people are having this issues and others aren't.

• K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is broken and can be used as a cheat program too.... If you got grown sunflowers you can "harvest" endless sunflower seeds just by standing on them or moving a bit over them. Even when you are pause the game in your backback, seeds will get into your bag. A couple of seeds will drop but it seems never to stop, so its easy to get several 999x stacks of seeds. And each stack of seeds is worth ~20k....
              (Normally per sunflower there should be 1-3 seed dropping while harvesting them, but now you getting seeds when you don't harvest them...)

Sry bot not worth to use anymore :/

zyymurgy likes this.
              • Zaane

Zaane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Then just keep 1-3 seeds per sunflower and trash the rest, how is it not worth it to use it anymore because of a problem with such a simple solution?

Radhra likes this.
                • Quostin

I'm not understanding why you sometimes get experience, but other times you do. I've tested the same day over and over and seem to get different amount of experience each time. I think you don't get much or any experience if you are far away when you use the Scythe, but if you are right next to the crop and harvest it, you get more. Also, it possible that if you using a controller, swinging your scythe with one button may not give any experience compared to swinging with another button. The xbox controller has two swinging scythe buttons.

• K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

i dont like mods that can be abused...and i dont want to count the seeds with "hands". anyway its just better to play the game normally and harvest crops the way it should be done. Its just to fast to harvest with a scythe and because of that you can faster lvl up in skills/ make mone and so on. I know thats a reason to use this mod but the faster you made a progress the faster the game loses its flair.

• Quostin

I wouldn't say leveling farming is fast right now with the bug that only give you experience... sometimes. It going really slow. :p

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Just an update on the farming XP issue: the mod DOES give you the XP you've earned, but does so periodically instead of upon each harvest (swipe of the scythe) - it does keep track of the XP in the background. If you look at the SMAPI console, you'll see continuous 0's when you are in range of a harvestable crop. Upon harvesting, every few seconds, you'll see two or three digit numbers. This is the mod "crediting" you XP in bulk. This is visible in the AddExperience() function in the source for the mod.

Because of the way this works, it's possible that XP "earned" from one harvest may only be credited upon the next harvest (which can be on a future day).

• meisakamaki

meisakamaki Orbital Explorer

It isn't allowing the mod to work because the current version isn't compatible with the new version of SMAPI

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

• Ryaneon

Ryaneon Space Hobo

I have problem using the mods.. I think because of the .json file in the folder. can anyone help me with this.