RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

That actually looks pretty cool even more alien with human colored face different colored bodiesX3

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Advize is on the case for the skin/face color issue. In the mean-time, switching your gender back and forth seems to resolve it.

• RisingManes

RisingManes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I wanted to shade the eyes, and came to a conclusion.

You're crazy as hell for not using compression. Nope, not shading like five hundred sprites.

Sorry.

• Jinxiewinxie

Because the way the original farmer base file is made, this crazy stuff was the best workaround to have all the options in one ^_^

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Actually... You can just copy and paste the shading part on a second layer first and then just duplicate that once you set the base down for each view.

• RisingManes

So I don't have to copy everything by hand? I can copy entire rows and it won't get messed up?

I don't know at which point each sprite repeats. It looks disorganized to me.

• taintedwheat

Yes, I'd do this myself, but I'm like super busy with like a bunch of other projects and another final and like I plan to go fucking ham on my shit pot of a house in RL.

What art program do you use?

• Jinxiewinxie

Soooooooo, the face/skin issue has something to do with the Haley style legs that were added. Please re-download the mod OR manually set your Config to just use 2 shoe types and replace your female_faces image in the overrides folder with the one attached to this post. Sorry to take the new legs off the table, but until the skin thing gets fixed its the right solution.

Attached Files:

lannihamm likes this.
                  • Jinxiewinxie

Its broken up into 96x672 rectangles. The entire first 672 row is for one shoe type, the 2nd for another and the last 672 for another shoe type. That last one is bad, its messing up the skin color change stuff so you should re-download and/or just replace the female_faces file and fix the config.

Now, take the first row that is 672 high, from the left to right this is split up into rectangles, the first group of 96 pixels is flat face, normal nose. Next is flat face, button nose. Next is flat face, anime nose. The next is round face, normal nose, then its round face, button nose, and finally round face, anime nose. Make sense, sorta?

• Jinxiewinxie

I added a colored grid background so you could better see what I mean by grids. See attached image.

Attached Files:

RisingManes and taintedwheat like this.
                      • RisingManes

I use a particular version of PaintSAI that does not have the whitespace problem that Photoshop has. I'll be fine.

• Kiakakash

Kiakakash Orbital Explorer

Okay, so when I load this with SMAPI, right as the game launches, the command window comes up with "ERROR: Could not locate accessories.xnb" (or something very similar). Once I load a game, the command prompt goes crazy with prompts going too fast to read in a bright red font. When I go to edit my character (either by clicking on the dresser or hitting "C"), the face/nose/pants/shoes only have 2 options: "0" or "1". None of these change anything other than defaulting the skin color.

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

you might want to try manually editing your config file; I had a similar issue and decided to check mine, and all the values were set to zero. After writing in the proper values, I was able to access all of the options in-game

[​IMG]

• Kiakakash

I'm not sure what's going on, but a config file hasn't been created. No matter how many times I launch SMAPI, it ain't happening. I'm probably not doing something right haha ^_^;

EDIT: I've launched and loaded up a save file using SMAPI, no config file. Even played through a whole day and still nothing. In fact, none of my other mods have config files either. Is this something weird going on with SMAPI?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
                              • artistica18

artistica18 Aquatic Astronaut

Can you please explain again how to get this to work? I've extracted the files from the sip and they're in the right folder, but nothing is happening when i start stardew Valley through the SMAPI. I have version 0.40.0. I feel like I'm missing a key component here.

• Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

When you say you've included the feminine farmer base do you mean just the feet or is it the whole base? Because I could care less about the feet but I do like having the tapered waist.

• taintedwheat

You are. Load smapi, load your file in-game, once it loads close the game. And reopen it should have the configs available. It has to read your save first.

Yeah, the whole body; waist and legs included.

• taintedwheat

what folder are you putting this in? Mods in the Steam/Stardew/ or the one in /%appdata%/.

I found all my mods to work best in the mod folder for Steam.

• Kiakakash

I use Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Mods. No mods of mine have ever worked in the appdata location.

EDIT: Went ahead and opened a thread for the no-config-files issue, so I'm not taking up pages in this one.Once I have that fixed I'll come back and try this again.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
                                        • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Good luck!

Redownloaded and installed, everything is working now!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.