RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

@Advize, I was talking about using the features Get Dressed adds by default, not any of the features in the latest update. And unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I got the attached error log when trying to change my character's face. Basically, Mac users like myself seem to only be able to use this mod to change things that are already tweakable at the Wizard's or in the in-game character creator. Anything else, we get the freeze/crash issue @jasseralf mentioned.

Attached Files:

Advize likes this.
    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry about that, I only realized that after I had already responded. I took a look at your log file and can see the problem. Someone claims to have found a solution and posted it in the bug reports section on the nexus, but it's tedious to say the least. I'm hoping to implement a solution in the mod itself but need to do more research. Thanks for the log file though, it does help to have an updated one.

jasseralf likes this.
      • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

It's OK, I could have been a bit clearer myself. And yeah, I saw the solution, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone and involves more mucking around in Terminal/with Mono than I'm really comfortable with. Thanks for your continuing work on this problem, though!

jasseralf likes this.
        • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Repeating for awareness

New Version: 3.3 is now available!

Download from the nexus

Release notes:

- Updated for SMAPI 1.9.
          - Segregated override textures (additional appearance options are now easily implemented).
          - Internal refactoring (courtesy of @Pathoschild ). Seriously cannot thank this guy enough.

In addition to the above, GetDressed is now open source and will continue to be developed and maintained both by myself, and the community.

https://github.com/AdvizeGH/GetDressed/releases

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Now that the new version is out (which I am so excited for, you've done a great job!) can we throw out some possible requests of features we would like to see in the future?
            For me, I would love to see a way to place the dresser on a particular tile on the map, maybe by coordinates that can be changed in the config. I have a mod that adds a bathroom, and I would love to put a working dresser in there to use.

Thanks again for reviving this fantastic mod, you guys are the best! :)

• SeilafeiTeino

SeilafeiTeino Void-Bound Voyager

Dear author, this mod for 1.2 beta in Chinese have been contently popping up red error logs somehow...
              Here is the error log.
              Thank you so much for updating it!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @SeilafeiTeino. The mod isn't compatible with Stardew Valley 1.2 beta yet. Many mod authors are waiting until it's officially released before they support it. :)

Zalkyria likes this.
                • AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I also use a Mac and had this crash on me. :(
                  Also, there was just no dresser object in my room at all?

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I have a question. Does this mod work with XNB hair mods?

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep, works perfectly

• Sugar-Fable

Thanks for letting me know! I'll probably try this then~ Never tried smapi though so a bit nervous.

• Voltaic123

http://canimod.com/for-players/install-smapi Install instructions are here, I promise you its not scary :3

• Sugar-Fable

Thanks~
                            So I got Smapi running but this mod won't load? I extracted it to a folder and put that folder in mods but Smapi just loads the game saying only the default mod is installed?

• Voltaic123

Hmm... can you take a screenshot of the inside of your mods folder? Make sure the file path is visible too

• Sugar-Fable

Here it is
                                [​IMG]
                                I tried moving the whole smapi folder into my Stardew folder hoping that'd help...

• Voltaic123

ahaha, i see your problem. http://canimod.com/for-players/install-smapi#on-windows You need to go here and follow those directions. that SMAPI 1.9 folder shouldn't be there unless im mistaken, you need to run the executable (.exe) file, and then it will put all of the stuff in the right place- then you can add the get dressed mod.

So, go ahead and take the "SMAPI 1.9" Folder out of your stardew valley folder, and put it on your desktop. Then, open up that folder, and run the executable. Follow the directions that should pop up to install it. Then, you kiiiinda also installed get dressed wrong, you need to open that folder thats named "Get dressed 3.33 etc." and then copy the folder inside named "GetDressed" and put THAT in the mods folder. Im sorry if this sound confusing :unsure:

• Sugar-Fable

Thank you! Got it running.
                                    Now I just realized this overwrites the anthro player mod from here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/furry-anthro-player.112597/ Is there anyway to make it compatible?

• Voltaic123

Yes I think, but it would be a lot of work. You'd need to know how to edit pixel art

• Sugar-Fable

Since I was using a pre-made mod I think I could just use that pixel art, but what else would I need to do? I'd like to at least try lol
                                        PS: I can pack/unpack XNB files as well~

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
                                        • Voltaic123

Essentially You'd need to copy the face from the anthro mod onto some of the files in the 'override' folder of GetDressed. I cant tell which ones however. You might just be able to paste it onto one of them but i'm not sure to be honest, there's a lot of files.