RELEASED [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) 2.05

Adds a new location to the game that increases your farmable area. Supports buildings and animals!

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Advize submitted a new mod:

[Storm]Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) - Adds a new location to the game that more than doubles your farmable area.

Read more about this mod...

Dozy, TT_TIKTOK, curi0 and 1 other person like this.
    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Advize updated [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) with a new update entry:

Major Update: 1.1 (Storm support dropped)

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

OK maybe I missing something but how does this work with KingJoey's farm expansion?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

KingJoey modifies Farm.xnb (the file that contains the layout of the map as well as certain map properties). I use code to manipulate things after the game engine has already loaded his map. This means that you can use both my mod and his at the same time and both will function completely as they were intended.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I guess what I'm asking is, say you have his and yours both installed, which extra map do you reach first, and how do you reach the other?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

My map is an entirely different area whereas his creates the illusion you are traveling to a different map when in fact his is in the same world space but further to the right.

You access his extension by heading due west from your house while my path is further south of his.

Superior_s likes this.
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

My game crashes on loading or creating a save with this mod installed, I am using SMAPI 0.38.4

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'll have to check what changes have been made to the latest SMAPI build when I get home. Zoryn has been adding changes to it and it may now require a manifest file like what's used in Storm.

• Che Ken

Che Ken Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if I'm missing something here (I'm having trouble getting a few mods to work since the latest update... no idea what SMAPI version to use, which mods are updated etc it's all a bit up in the air for me lol) but I can't get this to work.

I am using SMAPI 0.38.6 and have the files in the roaming/stardewvalley folder, but the path isn't showing up at all. Is this the wrong version of SMAPI, the wrong install location or am I just completely missing the point?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Anything past ~0.37.3 I believe has had major changes to how mods are loaded. I just checked the latest binary release (0.39.1) and it said the following:

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Will it have carpenter access? Be pretty sweet once it does. Not that it isn't already sweet or anything, course. :3

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I've spent 2 days working on this only to hit a dead end. The API hasn't progressed enough yet to allow this, but I may yet find a workaround. The problem is that I can't add a new location type without the map data becoming impossible for the game engine to serialize and store in your save file.

Uploading 1.2 now which fixes the inability to plant trees on the farm extension.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Superior_s likes this.
                          • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Alrighty then. Keep up the good work! Meanwhile, I'll just leave my extension alone for a while. :3

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Every time i try to use it the game starts to boot up then goes to black screen and crashes had to delete the mod i thought it was the butchery mod breaking my game but nope.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

That's highly unusual. What version of SMAPI are you using? Can you confirm you've installed correctly? (The latest download should just have a folder with 3 files in it. Place in either of the two mod directories that SMAPI uses)

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

The Butchery mod works. I got in my download folder. 0.37.3A , Master, and 0.37.38 . I know butchery works, the cheat and item spawner work, but the farm expansion crashes it.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

SMAPI went through a series of rapid updates these last couple of days. Any mods from before 0.38 are no longer compatible with the latest version, nor are mods made for later versions of SMAPI backwards compatible with SMAPI versions prior to 0.38.

• eefge

eefge Pangalactic Porcupine

version.png for me also to path is not showing up?

i installed SMAPI-0.39.2

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016