RELEASED [SMAPI] Ento's home of Abandoned Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Entoarox, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So @Entoarox
    I am looking to fix, if you can even call it that, a small tidbit with the sprinkler mod
    You see, it works fine, as advertised, customized, in the cellar, the greenhouse, the farm at large and the farmcave as well (I have farming grounds in the cellar and the farmcave)
    Yet, strangely it does NOT work if you replace, say, the slimehutch interior with a mini greenhouse. The sprinklers go off but only use their vanilla configuration, even if the mod says otherwise. I thought it was a IsFarm flag but that is set for the map. It can't be an outdoors flag as all the other maps work fine on that and have that flag set to false. I looked at the flags in the save game and couldn't pin down what's causing this behavior.
    So I am thinking the mod actually targets only a specific number of maps. You updated the mod, do you know what's the issue here?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The issue is that buildings are not static locations, and the sprinkler mod is only setup to scan for sprinklers in static locations.
      you would have to patch the search algorithm to first find Building locations, and then scan those locations in order to include the sprinklers there in the new behavior, but that is 2 extra searches that need to be performed, and there is no vanilla building that can be farmed in.

• TenkoKuugen

I suppose I'll re-purpose the slime hutch into something else then, maybe a warp house with warps inside houses and stuff
        And demolish 4 of the 5 slime hutches I have
        watering 5x15x15 fields is annoying even with the iridium can

• Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't see the 'CJB Cheats menu' and 'CJB Item Spawner' in your updated list ?
          Any 'specific' reason these have been dropped ?

• captainmajestic5

captainmajestic5 Void-Bound Voyager

yeah where did it go?

• TenkoKuugen

It was removed because CJB updated the files on the nexus so you need to get it from there

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Nova25

Their (Nexus) descriptions mention needing 'SMAPI 0.39.6'... It will still work with the most recent (v1.4/1.5) version of SMAPI, right ?

Also, just out of curiosity, I wonder how the ones that were here and the ''new ones on Nexus'' compare, so to speak. Exact same things, but slightly differently coded ?

(EDIT: I'm reading, on Nexus, about some possible 'button problem' and missing spawnable items ?)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need the 1.13 beta file for SMAPI 1.0+ and SDV 1.1.

• k1same

k1same Space Hobo

Hi, I just wanted to say I came here FROM Nexus which told me to come HERE for the latest update for the CJB Cheats Menu. It doesn't seem to want to work with the latest Smapi or Sdvmm. I've tried it and followed every instruction available. For some reason, there's many others out there with the same problem and with no answers. Please fix this so we can play this wonderful Mod!!!

• TenkoKuugen

@Entoarox It's strange, I did check the upload on the nexus, the 1.6 beta for the item spawner, but file sizes don't match up with the patched ones I got from this thread.
                        The nexus pages haven't updated the text, so people aren't even checking the damn download section though.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Use the 1.13 beta.
                          At the time I made the patches, I did not know CJB had uploaded his official sources anywhere, so I had to reverse-engineer the decompiled code, that likely is what results in the file-size differences.

• Nova25

On another note, for those using the 'Configurable Improved Sprinkler' mod and wanting to edit it to 'their' liking :
                            Simple enough.

So, for people who want to use a *cheat* like a cheat should be used... without nonsensical moral quandaries :
                            -Just edit the config file with a word program, like Wordpad or Notepad++.
                            -0 means 'Nothing there' / 1 means 'watering there, changed by player, apply ''balancing''' / 2 means ''watering there, ''normal'' game radius, don't apply ''balancing'''.)

• TenkoKuugen

In that case just use the item spawned to give yourself 999 iridium sprinklers

• sam76121600

sam76121600 Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much. it's good to use

• Nova25

Please, this is not the place to be a ''smartass''.
                                  Between 'alive' and 'dead', there's a WORLD of difference...

Like there's a difference between playing the game the fun way, your way, without someone telling you shouldn't (yet giving you the tools to do it)... And jumping off a bridge because there's no point playing. :zzz:

• TenkoKuugen

That is some amazing defensive reaction, right there.
                                    If you make the sprinklers huge and yet dirt cheap it's basically the same as giving yourself sprinklers for free.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I have to agree there...
                                      If you don't like balanced sprinklers (And yes, the math *is* balanced, the prices are based on tiles affected calculated against the vanilla values, if you just want OP sprinklers, then this isn't the mod for you at all.

• URang

URang Void-Bound Voyager

Please let me know the solution errer

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank