RELEASED [SMAPI]Command_Custom_Shop_Mod

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Apr 3, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Note* A much better version of this mod exists here and uses the in-game gui for shops:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...dux-v1-2-0-now-with-npc-shop-examples.114036/

Good evening everyone. I decided to release another utility of mine after being a bit ehh about custom user shops not being added to the game yet.

NOTE that this mod is pretty basic, and doesn't have anything flashy to it. Just a simple command line interface. No UI exists for this as of writing.

-v0.0.1 4/3/16 1:53 AM PST (I need to seriously stop programming so late).

-Initial alpha release. Works as is, could use some improvement.

This is the CustomShop mod! What it does is add in a simple command called shop_mod that reads shop data from (store_name).txt located in Stardew Valley/Mods/CustomShopMod!

The formatting is a bit picky because values have to be placed in a certain order in order for this mod to work, so I left 2 pre-configured shops for players to play around with.

Adding a new shop is simple enough. Simply make a new .txt file, and start the shop's data on the fourth line. Adding more items for that specific shop.txt is as simple as copying and pasting to the end of the .txt file. (see examples provided).

This tool will hopefully be useful to modders/players who wish to get their item in the game without some form of cheating/save hacking as this mod attempts to add a balancing effect to the game.

As always I'll see if I can try and improve on this one a little in the future. I don't know how to make UI's yet so this mod is stuck to the command window for now...

Get the mod here! :
    https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

Also make sure you have SMAPI 0.39+

Installation
    1.Drop the contents of the folder into Stardew Valley/Mods/CustomShopMod
    2.Add shop.txt files as desired.
    3. Profit.

If you find any issues/ have any concerns just post them here, and I'll tackle them as I get the chance. Have fun!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
      D_Malachi, mvhnexus, dsrules and 2 others like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I have to try this for my weed mod, thank you!

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

The link is broken. Please fix it.

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine