RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild I've got a deal for you...

Hi @D9T7. One of your other mods might be adding a hidden chest to store metadata. Can you post your latest SMAPI log after it freezes?

• D9T7

D9T7 Intergalactic Tourist

The other mod I used which was not listed in the log is "SDV MultiTweak"

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

@D9T7: Can you send me a zip of the affected save folder? I'm not sure where that chest came from, but I can make sure Chests Anywhere doesn't freeze when handling it (so you can edit it or see its coordinates).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
        • D9T7

I've checked it by myself with a new starting game. (save file starting with "test")
          I put 2 chests at Town, then there were 3 chests in the pull-down menu.
          First one was labeled nothing, and I could open it. The coordinates were (2,0).
          The thing is, I don't have any skill to remove the error data from the other save file now I'm playing, nor modify it .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
          • D9T7

I think I found what made the mess. "No Soil Decay Redux"
            Because I'm not familiar with coding, I started new game and I tested every single mods I have, one by one with Chest Anywhere on.
            I've found the killer, but yet I couldn't find the solution for the playing save file.
            Well, as long as I don't open the chest, and leave the chest in "Town" alone, I still can play.

• Pathoschild

Thanks! I contacted the author of No Soil Decay Redux; the next version of that mod will mark it as a non-player chest so it doesn't appear in Chests Anywhere. :)

• D9T7

It would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing the chest-friendly version.

• Almonda

Almonda Space Spelunker

I really don´t want to spam all your threads, as I already made a post regarding warnings which I get from SMAPI in your "SMAPI: Stardew Modding API" thread, but I think this problem belongs here.
                  I tried using the game to find out if I have trouble while playing despite the warnings and I noticed that I can open the screen with B just fine..but I don´t have access to the different chests anymore.
                  I made a screenshot.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

@Almonda: Stardew Valley 1.2 was released earlier today. It should work fine if you download the "1.9.1 (for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta)" version from the Nexus page. :)

• Almonda

Almonda Space Spelunker

Thank you so much for your fast reply!!:) I overlooked this.:facepalm:

• Pathoschild

Almonda likes this.
                      • Crimson FireCat

Crimson FireCat Space Spelunker

I downloaded the 1.10 version today, but my game froze and had to close every time I tried to use the menu (and even just opening a chest manually AFTER REMOVING THE MOD).
                        This is the log I got from SMAPI:

[20:15:37 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
                        at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
                        at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 233​

• Pathoschild

@Crimson FireCat: That probably isn't caused by this mod, which doesn't affect item descriptions or tooltips. Are you using any mods which add custom items, more crops, etc?

• Crimson FireCat

Crimson FireCat Space Spelunker

@Pathoschild I replied on Nexus jsyk, sorry for spamming you with this problem lol.;;

• liuqiba

liuqiba Orbital Explorer

Hi body your mod is very fantastic ! But sort items allways wasting my time ,so I want add sort all chests in your mod ,can I?

• Pathoschild

Thanks @liuqiba! You can't sort all chests at once, but you can quickly sort the open chest by pressing a button. Edit the config.json file in a text editor to set the button to use (see config documentation).

• Nanaharu

Nanaharu Space Hobo

Hey there, is there any way to make this mod multiplayer compatible?
                                  When my girlfriend places an item remotely in a chest and I open it after she closed it, the item is not inside.
                                  The same happens when I place an item manually in a chest and she opens it remotely.
                                  Thanks in advance!

• Pathoschild

Nanaharu likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild