RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, bummer. Well, thanks for looking into it and getting back to me so quickly, at least. I do appreciate that.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader with a new update entry:

1.2.9: The halfway 1.3 update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been giving @Karmylla's map edits a home through ALL and it's all worked fine except for three instances. I'm sure it's probably something simple, but I've been wracking my brain and can't come up with anything. I'm sure I overlooked something :unsure:

First, and not too important, a tilesheet addition to the Adventure Guild isn't actually being loaded through the "Karmylla'sEdits" folder but is instead forcing me to put it into the content folder. That's easily done, so it's not a pressing issue. Below is what happens when I don't put it in the Content folder.

[ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "weapons". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\weapons.xnb". File not found.
        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
        --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
        at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
        at Entoarox.Framework.SmartContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
        at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet)
        at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice)
        at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time)
        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
        at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

Second, two of the map edit overrides aren't loading, the ones for the spouse rooms and Maru's basement.

[ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to override location, it does not exist: Override(MaruBasement,D :\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader\locations\KarmyllasEdits\MaruBasement)

[ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to override location, it does not exist: Override(spouseRooms,D :\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew

I'd appreciate any help you can give. :)

Attached Files:

Karmylla likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The error is because `weapons` is *not* the Id of the tilesheet, the log clearly says that the tilesheet is being *inserted* rather then redirected, this is a mistake on your end and needs fixing on your end.

The files in question are not static locations, so a Override will not work for them, use a Redirect instead.

• Acerbicon

Thank you! I knew it had to be something I wasn't doing properly, but I couldn't figure it out. How do redirects work? They aren't explained on the sample manifest and the only reference I can find simply says that it's a new feature.

I tried to piece together what you do with redirects and am testing all of them together in a sample manifest and I have them in there
            "Redirects": [
            {
            "FromFile": "Maps\\MaruBasement",
            "ToFile": "MaruBasement"
            },
            {
            "FromFile": "Maps\\spouseRooms",
            "ToFile": "spouseRooms"
            },
            {
            "FromFile": "Tilesheets\\weapons",
            "ToFile": "weapons"
            }
            ],
            I don't get an error that they aren't being loaded, but for the spouse room. when I load a save up the spouse room is empty and going into the Adventure Guild results in

[11:47:05 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "weapons". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\weapons.xnb". File not found.
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
            at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
            at Entoarox.Framework.SmartContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
            at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet)
            at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice)
            at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338
            I can't figure out why it expects the file to be in content rather than Tilesheets. The manifest just has .txt so I could upload it.

I know I have to be doing it wrong so, I'm sorry in advance for all the trouble I'm causing with this D:

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The tilesheet needs to be referenced in Tilesheets... but, again: You are not using the correct Id, use the Id (The "name" of the tilesheet in the map) to override it properly.

• Acerbicon

It is properly loading the weapons tilesheet now, I just wasn't understanding you. Or, I was but I changed the id before I redirected it and didn't change it when I did start redirecting. For the spouse rooms, do I have to use different options for it to get loaded or am I not using the proper ID for it?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Might be a case of CA's code doing some unique thing that none of the mechanics are designed to deal with.....

• Acerbicon

Alright, thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.

• Acerbicon

I just thought I'd mention this here, because I'm not sure if this is something to do with the edit that was done to the map, the way the game works in general, how ALL calls on things or some combination. The save I have with a spouse has Shane as the spouse. When I load the save with ALL overriding the Animal Shop, Shane's spouse room does not load. If I remove the Animal Shop from the manifest, but leave in the redirecting of the spouse rooms, it does load.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah.... probably some weirdness going on in there somewhere that ALL is not equipped to handle, unfortunately, without a more in-depth analysis there is not really a way to figure out what the actual problem even is, let alone how to fix it.

And, no offence, but I'm out of F's for the week in digging through CA's code and figuring why this edge-case or that edge-case happens, and how I can deal with it >_<

• Acerbicon

No offense taken, trust me. :) Even in general I wouldn't take offense, but with all you do with everything my offense level is below zero. :rofl:

Besides, I've been doing a bit of bug testing and I think that in this case it's the map edits fault in some way. After finding out that being married to Sebastian with the Sebastian rooms map edit in place didn't cause trouble with his spouse room, I tried with a different map edit for the animal shop and Shane's spouse room loaded right up.

daniannapants likes this.
                          • Rhyvendra

Rhyvendra Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone or not, but I'm getting an 'error' when I start the game that says: AdvancedLocationLoader has detected that you are using the FarmHand API, unfortunately, AdvancedLocationLoader for SMAPI is not compatible with FarmHand like most SMAPI mods, because of this AdvancedLocationLoader has disabled itself.

I'm not sure where I got "FarmHand" though, and I cant seem to find much information (other than it's supposed to be a replacement for SMAPI).

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log please.

• Spartan526

Spartan526 Yeah, You!

Help. I use mac, and the tile sheets are located in Contents>MacOS, however the ALL says it cannot find tile sheets in the content folder itself.

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.8 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Unix 16.1.0.0

[18:08:30 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: /Users/colbywinchester/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods

[18:08:30 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...

[18:08:30 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...

[18:08:30 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Entoarox Framework by Entoarox, v1.6.5 | A framework to make stardew modding easier!

[18:08:30 WARN SMAPI] Ignored folder "Ace Farms Expanded Combined 2.4-988-2-4" which doesn't have a manifest.json.

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Advanced Location Loader by Entoarox, v1.2.9 | Get your content into stardew without replacing any xnb files.

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: All Crops All Seasons Mod by cantorsdust, v1.2 | Allows all crops to be planted and grown during all seasons.

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: AutoCrop by Roy Li, v1.0 | Press G to automatically grow all crops on your farm.

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok, v1.13 | Simple in-game cheats menu!

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Item Spawner by CJ Bok, v1.6 | Simple in-game Item Spawner!

[18:08:30 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CleanFarm by tstaples (aka Catman), v1.1 | Automatically clears debris and other undesireables from your farm each day.

[18:08:31 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: HappyBirthday by Alpha_Omegasis, v1.0 | Adds a farmer's birthday to the game.

[18:08:31 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: HarvestWithScytheSMAPI by ThatNorthernMonkey, v0.0 |

[18:08:31 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.4.5 | Shows NPC locations on the map

[18:08:31 ERROR SMAPI] Couldn't load mod for manifest '/Users/colbywinchester/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods/StardewValleyExpansion-2/manifest.json': manifest doesn't specify an entry DLL.

[18:08:31 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Trainer Mod by Zoryn, v1.0 | Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating.

[18:08:31 WARN SMAPI] The Entoarox Framework mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly.

Failed loading type: : System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.

at Entoarox.Framework.EntoFramework.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x112dd6790 + 0x0024a> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods () <0x111320a80 + 0x0276e> in <filename unknown>:0

All Crops All Seasons Mod Has Loaded

[18:08:31 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 11 mods.

[18:08:31 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...

[18:08:31 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...

[18:08:31 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

[18:08:31 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] Loading location mods into memory...

[18:08:31 WARN Advanced Location Loader] Was unable to load any location mods, if you do not have any installed yet you can ignore this message

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198110366630 [API loaded no]

[18:08:54 INFO Entoarox Framework] Checking for updates...

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/spring_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Farm` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/summer_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Farm` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/fall_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Farm` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/winter_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Farm` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/spring_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Landscape` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/summer_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Landscape` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/fall_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Landscape` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/winter_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Landscape` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/spring_town.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Town` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/summer_town.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Town` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/fall_town.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Town` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/winter_town.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `Town` TileSheet in the `Town` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/spring_beach.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/summer_beach.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/fall_beach.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] File not found: Content/Maps/winter_beach.xnb

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Mountain` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Mountain` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Mountain` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Mountain` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Forest` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Forest` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Forest` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `Forest` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `BusStop` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `BusStop` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `BusStop` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoors` TileSheet in the `BusStop` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Woods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Woods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Woods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Woods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Railroad` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Railroad` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Railroad` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Railroad` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Summit` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Summit` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Summit` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `untitled tile sheet` TileSheet in the `Summit` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoor` TileSheet in the `Backwoods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `spring` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoor` TileSheet in the `Backwoods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `summer` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoor` TileSheet in the `Backwoods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `fall` season

[18:08:54 ERROR SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `outdoor` TileSheet in the `Backwoods` location is seasonal but is missing the tilesheet for the `winter` season

[18:08:54 DEBUG Advanced Location Loader] Patches have been applied

[18:08:54 INFO Entoarox Framework] Update checks have been completed.

Killed: 9

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Edit: The cat is :3 (The forum replaces it)

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

From the logs, it looks like StardewValleyExpansion-2 is an Advanced Location Loader mod, but you have its folder in the general Mods folder instead of in ALL's Locations folder.

Also, you have Ace's Expanded Farms installed like a SMAPI mod, when it's supposed to be replacing files in the Content folder as far as I can tell.

There also seems to be an issue with your installation of Entoarox Framework, but I can't tell what exactly the problem is.

• Acerbicon

Yes, it should be replacing files in the content folder, loading it without replacing involves Xnb Loader. Not hard, just more involved as the files that would otherwise replace vanilla files go into Xnb Loader while the new files still go into Content\Maps.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You should be able to use XnbLoader for the new files just as easily as for existing files, XnbLoader just looks in the ModContent folder, finds every file, and then tells the game "If asking for Content/<filepath>.xnb, use ModContent/<filepath>.xnb instead", so it should be able to deal with non-vanilla files that would be added to Content.

• Acerbicon

Hm, when I tried before it didn't work for me but with how easily I overlook things/mis-remember things, there's no doubt it was an error on my part. I'll have to try it out again next chance I get.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Well, if you cant, be sure to make a report over at https://github.com/Entoarox/StardewMods/issues so I can take a look at it (I'm kinda busy atm, so unless its reported there, the chance is I will completely forget about it by the time I can get around to figuring out what the problem is)