RELEASED [SMAPI 0.4][SDV 1.07]Custom Shops Redux! v1.2.0 Now with NPC shop examples!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by zipy199522, Apr 25, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well the keybinding to this mod is configurable, so if you don't want the key to be bound to U, just open up the config file and type something in like Z. That should change it so that way there won't be a mod conflict.

Ohh yea the shop things made by me were just examples. Yea there are repeats in both, because I was lazy and copy pasted stuff over and didn't really think twice about that since I posted those shops while in lecture. Trust me though, the shops should be different. I might have uploaded a bad shop file though by accident, because Stardew freaks out if it can't find a reference to the right item_ID and I think one of the shops accidentally has a bad furniture ID value or something. I'll post some better shops as examples this afternoon/ evening if I get a chance. It's been crazy busy as usual so work on here has been slow. I'm planning on seeing how to bind shops to NPC's later today and when that's successful I'll push out a new update to everything.

Sorry if that was a wordy paragraph, but don't worry I'll work on everything. Thanks for being patient everyone! =)

*Night time edit 8:54 PM*

Well I did some research and discovered while you can make custom NPC's using SMAPI code, it's going to be a lot of work...

I'll get back to this next weekend when I'm feeling more refreshed and not dead from the massive amount of schoolwork on my desk.

However it seems that you can bind shops to NPCs. This is a mod that I was looking at today while researching.

https://github.com/Club559/AshleyMod

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    • mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

ok, that worked, but when in the main menu and you press U it closes Stardew Valley down, even if you changed it to a different letter like Z.

• zipy199522

Hmm, smells like a bug. I'll patch it when I get a chance. =)

Life has been stupid crazy this week and I've been rushing around like a crazy person just to keep up with my responsibilities. I'll do my best to update this mod ASAP, but continue to be patient while I figure some things out. =)

taintedwheat and mvhnexus like this.
        • mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

it's all good! just take your time!

• zipy199522

Hey everyone, it's been quite some time, but I have great news! I have updated the Custom Shops Redux mod to be called externally from other mods! I also posted a youtube video showcasing binding a shop to an NPC and the souce code to that mod. Go check it out!

• zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I need to learn coding, that would be awesome to either tag my finished up weapon's shop (still need to tweak some of the values on the new weapons) with an NPC...or if that new API can make it easy to add new NPCs, suhweet!

Anyways,

I'm not familiar with doing videos, so gif will have to do. I am extremely pleased with your awesome mod. Gave me a reason to make my weapon retextures as brand new ones instead of just reskins. 53 vanilla weapons and now 111, with your mod giving the ability to buy these without making the game easier by using the item spawner ^.^

[​IMG]

Do you plan on releasing your mod onto other sites, such as here or Nexus? Reason why I ask is github can be a bit confusing to those who are unfamiliar with it. Thanks for this great mod ^.^ I had fun setting up the prices and what not

mvhnexus and taintedwheat like this.
              • DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice to see some progress! I wish I could get somewhere with mine, but the learning process to add places and people is a pain... At least, with this, I'll be able to set up the pizza shop!

• zipy199522

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the functionality of the mod! I actually have been thinking about this lately and I realize that while github is convenient for me to upload to, grabbing mods from it is quite confusing. I plan on looking into the uploads system here and on nexus and seeing which one would benefit the community most. Here is nice since it's already in one location but with the Nexus it would be most convenient for some people since it's a popular website anyways.

zcsnightmare likes this.
                  • zcsnightmare

I've no clue on how to code and I found that out the hard way today, lol. I was taking a gander at your cs file you include with your CustomShopMod_Redux_GUI mod and after watching your video on your NPC shop, I figured I'd see what made Pierre's portrait show up and tried simply replacing the name in two different areas. Downloaded Visual Studios and it was surprisingly not that hard to somewhat understand, but I don't understand the methods of going about it. I'll have to look into some guides, I figure you'd need to compile a new .dll file for any changes? Would be pretty sweet to be able to change the portraits, especially a custom one for a shop.

326462131264.png

mvhnexus and taintedwheat like this.
                    • zipy199522

Ahh yea, the code behind it can be pretty mind boggling at parts, and sometimes looking back at my own code can give me a headache or two. I wrote the code in such a way so that there are multiple ways to call a shop from a mod that you write, including having a custom NPC portrait and text. I'll work on a tutorial on how to go about this pretty soon, I've just been pretty busy with life since it's finals season.

zcsnightmare and taintedwheat like this.
                      • Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

Is there a way that I could replace the WizardShrine with a custom shop?

BlankSlater likes this.
                        • zipy199522

That's part of what I want to look into as well, and since I just finished my last university exam around an hour ago, I'm on summer vacation! Which means more time for modding Stardew Valley! I have quite a few things in the works/ that I'm experimenting with, and it's on this list! Hopefully I'll get a chance ASAP to figure this one out!

• EpicAdventure

EpicAdventure Zero Gravity Genie

Take you time zipy, no pressure.
                            You've already done something great for the modding community. :)
                            Good luck in your exam!

• GwenLilyKnight

GwenLilyKnight Tentacle Wrangler

are you yet able to charge resources + money for things? working on a mod to make the scythe upgradeable.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
                              • zipy199522

From what I've seen thus far, no, I'm not sure how to go about making a shop that charges a resource as well as money. I'll poke around a bit on this, but no guarantees, sorry!

GwenLilyKnight likes this.
                                • zcsnightmare

If ya know coding, I'd take a peek around any info that revolves around Clint and how the game handles upgrading tools with him, since it requires both ingots and money.

Just a thought, since I dunno anything about all that stuff.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Hey zipy. I just wanted to let you know that if you're ever looking for a place to discuss stardew modding with other modders (bounce some ideas, request help, or just chill out) feel free to drop by the SMAPI/FarmHand Discord channel. I'll PM you the invitation.

• GwenLilyKnight

GwenLilyKnight Tentacle Wrangler

can I get an invite too?

thank you.

EpicAdventure likes this.
                                      • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I know this hasn't been updated in a long time, but I had a few questions.
                                        First, the problem shown here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...w-with-npc-shop-examples.114036/#post-2888716 is still happening, is there a way to get around it?
                                        Second, when using http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/ with the expanded shops mod, the items that should be seen in Pierre's shop are seen in all of the custom shops.
                                        Third, is there any way to link a shop to a sprite or tile? The adventure guild shop is triggered by clicking on the counter rather than being dictated by a character. I would love to see this implemented so that stationary shops are easy to create

Thanks again for such a great mod!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Use AdvancedLocationLoader for tile-linked shops, that is a functionality it includes (And, once I have time to add NPC's, NPC-controlled shops.... :rofl:)