RELEASED [SMAPI 0.39+] DailyFriendshipIncreaser

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by nays4, Mar 23, 2016.

1. zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

What? OP already answered if you just want the no decay put both value to 0.
    If you put the second to 20, that means when you talk to someone you will be given basic 20 point+20 point = 40 point

• zeraxx

i already test it with social editor menu with both values 0 and it gives the basic 20 points when talking.
      WHat OP mean no increase is no increase of the basic value.

EDIT: tested with talkincrease 20, when talking friendship increase by 20 and after you sleep another increase of 20, so i stand right.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
      • Folixe

Folixe Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough, thanks for the correction.

• zeraxx

Hmmmm, tested again with talkincrease 20 and 100 both only giving basic 20 point and no bonus point after sleeping same like talkincrease 0.
          Maybe it's bugged? Nah whatever, i only needed the no decay anyway :)

• Nekodamashi

Nekodamashi Void-Bound Voyager

I may be doing something wrong but I can't find the config.json file >.<

• And extract it the only files I can see are:

DailyFriendshipIncreaser.dll

manifest.json

• I can edit the manifest.json but I can't find where should I put the values if I have to put them here.
            {
            "Name": "DailyFriendshipIncreaser",
            "Authour": "Guy Payne",
            "Version": {
            "MajorVersion": 0,
            "MinorVersion": 0,
            "PatchVersion": 0,
            "Build": ""
            },
            "Description": "Allow players to customize friendship increaces daily",
            "UniqueID": "",
            "PerSaveConfigs": false,
            "EntryDll": "DailyFriendshipIncreaser.dll"
            }

Can someone help me please?

• darkvergus

darkvergus Void-Bound Voyager

run the game once and it will generate a config.json, and thats where you can edit values

Nekodamashi likes this.
              • Nekodamashi

Nekodamashi Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for your fast answer! ^ w ^

• Ilucie

Ilucie Void-Bound Voyager

Just found a bug (or is it even one?)

Lost one heart from my husband. Just from him since~ 3 months nodecaymod :D. Dont know if it maybe doesnt work properly for bachelors.

• CCAASS

CCAASS Space Hobo

Same here. Lost 1 heart from Gus (maybe others are losing heart). SMAPI 39.2 & v1.1, setting in "false, 0, 0".

• Ilucie

Elliot keeps losing hearts though I give him presents every day.

Time to kick off the mod until there is a fix.

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

How unfortunate! And this is the only one available for the current SMAPI

• Ilucie

Strange thing is that this ONLY happens to my husband.

All of the other people keep getting hearts (i set it to like 5/15 or something) but he's losing hearts. It just makes no sense o.o.

• Spazbane

Spazbane Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't lost any hearts, but when I looked up the raw values, I noticed that there were some very irregular numbers (i.e. not ending in 5 or 0) for npcs I don't always see, which suggests that people I didn't speak to have been affected by the -2 penalty. I then didn't speak to a character and the next day, I had definitely lost 2 points. config file is "false, 0, 0" (and on SMAPI 0.39.2) so no idea what's going on...

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

Would love to hear from the mod developer about this!

Ilucie likes this.
                              • mangosix0

mangosix0 Void-Bound Voyager

how much vanilla game

"baseIncrease"
                                "talkIncrease"

value?...

i want only use friendship decay option

• ShamanKem84

ShamanKem84 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello can anyone tell me the Value the Friendship increases when I gift someone.
                                  From the Wiki:
                                  Speaking to a villager gives 20 points once per day, while ignoring them for a day gives -2 points, so don't ignore your friends!
                                  baseIncrease = 0

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Speaking increase by 20.
                                    The Gifts are depending on how much they like them. If i remeber right it was between +30 and -15.
                                    Ignoring (No Speak of Gift the Day) is -2 per day.

To only have the "no decay" option of this Mod just use config on "false" "0" "0".
                                    "baseIncrease" and "talkIncrease" are adding Points every night,
                                    they do NOT change the normal talk or gift value!
                                    So with "talkIncrease" on "0" it will be +20 everytime you talk with them, with it
                                    on "30" it will be +20 everytime you talk with them AND +30 every night!

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

To be honest i dont get the point of this confusing config. As we see its causing confusion over and over again.
                                      Why not just do the config like:
                                      "NoDecay": "<false/true>"
                                      "AddedPointsEveryNight": "<number>"
                                      I belive this would do the exact same, just without the confusion. Correct me if i am wrong...

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

It's because there's a difference between baseIncrease and talkIncrease.
                                        baseIncrease is added every night if you haven't talked with the NPC. You could ignore them all day, and that amount is added to their Friendship level
                                        talkIncrease is added every night if you've talked with the NPC that day. It doesn't stack, so you can talk 5 times with the NPC, it'll only add this amount once per night if you've talked with them that day

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Okay... i understand now how it works, but i still dont get the point of it. Well, i only need/use "no decay" anyway. xD