1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Slimes eggs not hatching?

Discussion in 'Support' started by FarmerRick, Feb 22, 2017.

1. FarmerRick

FarmerRick Intergalactic Tourist

I have built a slime hutch and have slimes inside and outside of the hutch, I also have an incubator inside and outside of the hutch.

The slimes were reproducing and the eggs did hatched. However, since the witch came and turned all of my slimes inside of my hutch black, none of my slimes will reproduce and none of the eggs in the incubators are hatching!?

I thought the eggs in the incubators were just taking a long time to hatch so I built some more inside the hutch and put eggs in them, that was two seasons ago and they still haven't hatched!?

Is it something to do with the witch or the black slimes, is this a common glitch?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Are you by any chance already at the maximum for the slime hutch? You can hold up to 20 slimes in there.

• FarmerRick

FarmerRick Intergalactic Tourist

I did not know there was a limit in the hutch, I killed some and waited and the eggs hatched so I guess that was the problem.

Is there a limit outside of the hutch.

Thanks for the help by the way, I honestly thought it was a glitch as I don't recall the game notifying me about a 20 slime limit I the hutch.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I don't think there's a limit for outside. But, I'm not totally sure; I never bothered digging too deep with slime farming.
          And, I think the only time they mention the capacity is in the tooltip for the building at Robin's, when you're buying it.