1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I can't find any crafting recipe in any of my crafting stations, so I don't see how. My shoat also keeps giving me only slime blocks so far, no crafting materials.

2. Hieru.chan

Hieru.chan Void-Bound Voyager

there's a new crafting station called biochemist table from inventors table where all except two slime mod recipes reside; it's an upgradable crafting station, the Shoats you have are slime shoats, you need to get other kind of shoat from gift egg or search for slime biome and capture them, they appear there, but only 1 type per planet; but then again if you found a slime-cave biome you would be able to gather alot of materials there. The ones that give materials should have lighter fur and hair and tail than the ones you have.

Edit: The ones you want should look like this, there's a 50-50 chance to get this or the block one from the gift egg that you can also purchase at terramart.
    [​IMG]

3. Mooncalf99

I have the biochemist table and I've upgraded it fully. There's no recipe for making slime blobs there.

4. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

You cannot craft the Slime blobs. You have to farm Shoats or find a slime cave biome to get more.

Thank you. A console and a fridge did the trick.

It would be nice to get a bit more slime-race specific furniture in the future. It'd help colony building a bit.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. Hieru.chan

Well we would tag all this furniture to the tenants, but since there are plans on using 2 different species of slime when we would change the items to be properly tagged alot of tenants would get upset and leave at that time.
    I personally plan on making a stove of somekind. What other ideas do you have for furniture?

What mailboxhead said + tenants can give you blobs as payment.

6. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

Maybe the vanilla slime furniture could be copied under a different name, just to fix the tagging issue. For example, the biochemist table could let you craft a "Slime Colonist Table" or "Slime Colonist Chair" instead of the usual Slime Table and Slime Chair.

Besides that, some pink/blue/purple/etc. alternatives to the current furniture would be nice for some color contrast. We could also use a bathtub and shower, potted 'plants', wall art, and some monitor screens or other misc. tech items.

A few more decorative blocks would really please the architect in me. Things like roofing shingles or other 'solid' materials dripping/covered with goo (a style that could carry over for a few furniture items), as well as a transparent window block to match the rest of the slime theme. Could call it "Slime Membrane".

7. Hieru.chan

There's no need to copy it, i can patch those items just to add tags. problem is, entire furniture design all fits into original slime category, while humans turned slime will have slightly different theme. basicly, one type of npc/tenant was finished but almost no furniture for it, while other npc type/tenant is not here yet while furniture is quite far, i could ask xel to tag everything under current slime npc, but when the update with all the npcs will come out, alot of tenants will get upset and leave

8. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. animeoutlaw87

animeoutlaw87 Space Spelunker

@XelSlime : Is there any conflicts with the racial effects with this mod and the "Frackin Races" mod? I noticed they included your race in the mix, but it seems the strengths and weaknesses are a bit different.

10. XelSlime

11. XelSlime

Well, a reply 8 days later is better than none, I suppose.

It started off with me leaving racial bonuses to Sayter, but then I became aware of how to put them in myself, though I'm not 100% sure of how to add some stuff, like reduced health, energy, and shield regeneration when in liquids. I think some things were adjusted, but not all...... and some things may be stacking with Frackin' Races, like fall damage reduction.

12. Mooncalf99

I rather like the immunity to fall damage. It's not too overpowered, but it makes the race stand out a little more and allows you to play a bit differently. And it kinda makes sense, since a slime would be able to absorb the impact from a fall. I wonder how difficult it'd be to make the PC flatten out comically before springing back into shape? :)

13. Hieru.chan

That was my thought exacly. It actually might be doable. but slime would NEED to take fall damage to take effect. I've already got an idea I plan to try in future about that. I'm not sure if I can force a morph without tech though.

14. XelSlime

15. Hanketsu

Hanketsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope you won't mind me asking but, in the 7th screenshot you posted, the red slime is wearing a protectorate uniform. I believe it is not in the game, and I've been trying to find it for awhile to no avail. Could you tell me where to find it? I really wish my slime would wear that uniform. ^^
    Also, thank you so much for this mod! I've always wanted to play a slime in any game because I think they're just so cute, and this mod is perfect. It suits Starbound so well. It's probably my favourite race mod.
    I don't know if it's possible but, when you create your character, do you think you could use the avian bottoms and the human tops? This way it wouldn't clip with the legs. :)

16. Cross Czech

Cross Czech Phantasmal Quasar

I have sent a personal message to Hieru (and cc'd XelSlime) requesting permissions regarding mod compilation inclusion and/or alterations regarding this mod. If that was not the appropriate means of request, please reply to me here.

Sincerely
    CrossCzech2

17. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

It states in the OP that inclusion in mod compilations is not permitted.

18. Hieru.chan

gearzoid2, that's why he asked personally, stated all the reasons and such. anyway this chucklefish version is getting seriusly outdated. I need to catch xel one day so we can update everything properly.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  19. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

Good to know. I'm just wary of incidents like being rude if the answer was no or distributing the mod (or modpack) for cash. These problems have happened to Avali Triage and Frackin Universe so I am alert about these kinds of "asking" messages.

20. Hieru.chan

Well their server site seem to only accept donations to keep dedicated server and website running. the goal amount they want with donations is also consistant with how much those cost, so it's fine.

Gearzoid II likes this.