1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Marokutai, May 27, 2012.

?

Sleeping?

1. Yes please!

58.8%
  2. Not fit for this game -_-

11.8%
  3. It would be nice but....

11.8%
  4. It should be like Terraria for each planet you can set a spawn bed.

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniukha

Aniukha Void-Bound Voyager

I would also like to see some bio-luminescent plants. I'm sure there will be going on what Terraria had.

I'm not sure how they're going to handle traveling to different worlds, but I'm pretty sure it wont be just select a world and instantly be loaded up. Everyone knows that Terraria took a noticeable amount of time to load worlds, especially large worlds. I'm not saying Starbound will also, but I am hoping that loading times have been reduced dramatically.

I also hope they have maybe optimized the loading in such a way that it's "Hidden" and the world loads in the background.

Example:
    This could be a good way to hide the fact the worlds are loading and make the game more immersive.

Dementia, Scottish Pig and xboy777 like this.
  2. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like that idea! That would be perfect and make it all that much more immersive! I really hope they make it like this in the game! :DD

3. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

Agree'd :D

xboy777 likes this.
  4. Aniukha

Thanks guys :DD

5. Aramadon

Aramadon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like some kind of regen + time pass bed, but not necessarily day-night but like a certain amount of time. How would a day-night bed work on a eternal night or day planet?

ETERNAL SLEEP :eek:

xboy777 and Dementia like this.
  6. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

DUN DUN DUN O_O

7. Aniukha

That's a great point... I never thought of that myself. I guess an "Elder scrolls" type of time passing could also work. Click on bed, menu pops up and u choose amount of time to pass...

xboy777 and Dementia like this.
  8. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah great point. I didn't take into consideration the different time-spans of certain planets like those that have a permanent daylight.
    I think that's the perfect thing to do if sleep was implemented. That could even open up more possibilities for time-sensitive or -reliant concepts like plant growth.

It also goes with an idea I thought of for producing the feeling of "progression" while away from a planet to avoid multiple background processes that could slow down the game (i.e. keeping track of real-time events on every planet discovered or undiscovered). For example, you could plant some sort of seed that is suppose to slowly grow into this big mess of vines over time and you leave the planet that seed was planted on. When you return from a period of time away, the game could use some formula to calculate time away and use it with the formula for the plant to procedurally grow to produce the effect that it has been growing the entire time when it just changes when you return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.