SLCFR: Frankenstein Chicken

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by SLCFR Clan, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

So I've returned from the void to tell you...

THAT THE TRADING SYSTEM IN THIS GENERATION IS FUCKING DUMB.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Master Astronaut

Aww... I haven't encountered it yet. Did it De-Evolve? :/

3. Pandora

Pandora Existential Complex

Do you mean for trading globally, or just trading between friends? Because I've had no issues with the latter.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Axe Garian

I have now defeated the first Kahuna. Before I leave the Island i'm doing my best to be thorough in finishing what business I have left on the first Island, including but not limited to I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT A FEMALE ROCKRUFF IN TOW! :p

Also I stumbled on a funny little something in-game: If ya spin your Analog Stick around in fast circles well & long enough ya can make your Character spin around a couple times them perform a Action Pose! :giggle: I stumbled upon this cause I was being lazy & spinning around in fast circles in Grass while doing my routine looking for new Pokes to catch.

Pandora likes this.
  5. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

The global trading system. But the fact that you have to go to this dumb festival thing and it attempts to game sync EVERY TIME (including when it's ALREADY DONE SO AND IS ON COOLDOWN) isn't great either.

Also, Pandora, I've gotten horribly hooked on PTU. Halp.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Pandora

I get what you're saying. I personally like the festival plaza for the missions and all the lotteries you can build in there, but it would have been nice if they had uncoupled it from basic functions like trading and battling.

Also, chances are high that I already have, since the most popular PTU character spreadsheet is the one that I've had a hand in keeping updated. If you don't actually know about it, here's a link to the latest version of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OqS8Jo0tJBf7yceLFIQXKRe2-I/edit?usp=drive_web

Axe Garian and Gravik like this.
  7. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

There is also a version of the sheet with an import feature for Roll20
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16wqqNUMz1zQTWTYafDk6Ci_5ID-QVkS-m5yKGjUwVK0/edit#gid=0
    (not sure how up to date it is though)

Seriously though, thanks a ton for the sheet

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Axe Garian

Female Rockruff obtained! :DD

Also got a Female Pichu & Raising it into a Pikachu before I exit Island 1 & searching every nook & cranny for any remaining catchable Pokes. Only one left accessible to me that I can find thus far: Vullaby, which I almost got ready to be caught then oopsed & miscalculated on & accidentally Fainted. :facepalm: I definitely can't leave without a Female Vullaby, its Evolved Form is a High Tier Wall Poke! :slowpoke:

Also, why in the Halibut is the Female Character in the game completely devoid of Bikini Options in freaking HAWAII!!? :wtf:

9. Pandora

I've been trying to catch every single possible pokemon on each of the islands before moving onto the next one, and my boxes are getting crowded! :rofl: Still trying to find a Tauros on the second island, because I missed it my first time and didn't catch the mistake until getting to the third island.

And Nintendo probably didn't want to deal with the conservative backlash of kids having their avatars wearing revealing clothing like that.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Axe Garian

So instead our Characters are forced to be Prudes... lovely. :(

Anyway, i'm now on the Second Island working my way through it. I'd swear I had Pichu's Happiness at Max for ages, yet it still took I swear, over 5 Level Ups after that before she FINALLY freaking Evolved! She ended up missing out on Electro Ball because of it! Pichu, What the Hell Hero!!? :wtf: Lucky for me i'm already intending to Breed this Pikachu to get Egg Moves + Desired Nature onto a Baby i'll want to create my actual Final Alolan Raichu someday... then she can Battle & get killed by everything she'll ever face on In-Game Online Battle cause everyone else'll probably be fielding Full Teams of Legendary Pokes. :p (If I ever even make it onto that Scene...)

11. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Maybe because she's 11

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Axe Garian

I figured she was more along the lines of 15ish, plus why would Age matter? It's Hawaii for crying out loud, aka a Tropical Land. Plus for the billionth game in the Series, there's Female Swimmers in Bikinis aplenty, why would it matter if they're Adults vs the Main Character being a Teenager?

Also, i've now defeated Kiawe & gained access to Charizard Flying Power! WOOOT!!! :DD This also means that I finally got access to the Poke Pelago & gotten a VERY needed & epic Infusion of Poke Bean Reinforcements! :love: I swear that Poke Bean Stalk gave me a billion Poke Beans! I find myself wondering if I got all of them over all those Shakes of it cause I was getting Poke Beans from them for every day I had been playing since my Log had started?

Oh, also, been meaning to say this for ages, that if anyone ever finds a Female Character in their Festival Plaza named "Luna" & with Greeting & Departing Message both set to "Alola", that's my Character. As usual I don't see fit to bother to Avatar Representative in Pokemon Games, especially cause i'd never be able to make a Character i'd wanna Avatar Represent as anyway. (Aka play the game as a Zekrom. :p)

13. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It's actually explicitly stated in game that the player character is only 11 years old. And I'd think it'd be fairly obvious why it's alright for adults to wear revealing clothing, but not for underage children.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Axe Garian

One of the Female Swimmers in the Water at the first Island says it's normal in Alola for peeps to wear Bikinis from morning to night... & she never specified an Age Restriction... so I say being should be able to Bikini full time should be Canon.

Also I hadn't encountered In-Game Text directly specifying the Character's Age, many thanks for the info. I wonder if this means only Black & White (& maybe B&W2) have 15 year old Main Characters then? Can't remember for sure.

I'm a bit behind on my play, but during last play, I caught a Wimpod, & am incoming on time to Challenge Mallow's Trial. I'm curious as to if she'll be the first Grass Leader to ever pose an actual challenge, or if Grass's wimpiness will continue...? :p

Lastly, if anyone's interested, Empyrion: Galactic Survival is 50% off! :D

Pandora likes this.
  15. laz2727

laz2727 Subatomic Cosmonaut

These eeveelutions are getting out of hand.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Pandora

Uh.... Are you a generation late talking about the introduction of Sylveon? Because I don't think there are any more new ones.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. laz2727

No, Empyrion just sounds like an eeveelution :p

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Axe Garian

:rofl:

It never even occurred to me before that "Empyrion" could sound like a name for a new Eeveelution. :giggle:

Also, i've now splatted Mallow into the ground. Grass continues to be wimpy, & her Trial was laughably wimpy too, but also good lighthearted fun. :)

19. laz2727

Unless you're playing with a team of ubers, which isn't impossible, the totem pokemon should've given you at least a bit of trouble.

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Pandora

I beat Mallow with a Pyukumuku. It was glorious.

Axe Garian likes this.