1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skizot's Dozers 4.2.2

Vehicles of mass destruction :)

1. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

what would one have to do to make it where the dozers don't break blocks? with me useing fracken unvirse i need mass amounts of sand grass and stone and by mass amount i mean over thousands of each just so i can craft stuff to make other stuff.

2. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello. Do you consider any ideas or suggestions to create mods?
    If so, you can look at the concept of the third version of the bulldozer.
    Rather, even the machine for mining ore.
    I apologize for such a crude picture.
    dozer-miner.png

3. OwMyFoot2000

OwMyFoot2000 Void-Bound Voyager

Is this nightly compatible?

4. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

5. foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^Time for a "Skitzo hasn't been on since ___"- update :)

6. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

8. blehhh

blehhh Intergalactic Tourist

Is there a way to make the dozer drop all blocks?

9. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, dozer.lua, function harvestmats(matname) string from 0 to 1.

10. blehhh

blehhh Intergalactic Tourist

Ah nice, thanks :)

11. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Wanted to leave this review on Steam Workshop but the damn 1K word limit didn't let me.

This is the first mod I've downloaded for SB and I must say it's quite good. Finally I can flatten a 3K Sectors (6K Blocks) long planets in just 4 hours instead of half a week. Still, to be fully honest, there were a couple of minor issues with it, although nothing deal-breaking or game breaking/crashing.

- Block Collection is irregular.

For some odd reason, it sometimes destroyed the blocks instead of collecting them, and it seems entirely random. Sometimes it would collect all 3 types of blocks (Dry Sand, Dry Dirt and Cobblestone), some other times it would only collect two of them or only one, or none at all. And while I've only used it on a Barren planet, so I didn't really want any of those blocks, but for ppl using it to dismantling cities and dungeons, it could be a real annoyance. Which blocks are mined also seems to be choosen at random every time I spawn/despawn the vehicle.

- Blade Arc Angles are too small.

This is mainly an issue with the Mega, as for the Mini it kinda makes sense it can't move it any lower (although it could do with one more block up). The fact that I can only move the shovel up and down by only ONE block is a bit underwhelming and it makes ''mountain shaving'' a bit hard with only one block up. The one down is kinda understandable as more than that would make digging down a bit harder to manage. So, as a whole I think the Mega should be able to raise its blade at least 3-4 blocks more.

- The Mini could be a bit faster.

When I first saw the Mini, I thought it would be a faster than the Mega and used for smaller and quicker jobs. Sadly, they both have the same speed, and while that slow crawl fits the Mega very well, given its gargantuan size, the Mini could do with a bit more of a kick. Not much, but just enough for it to feel like the ''Finesse'' of a ''Force and Finesse'' combo (With the Mega being Force). IMHO, if we consider the Mega's speed as 1.0, then the Mini's speed should be of 1.2. Not much of a difference, but enough to make the mini more usable on certain situations where the Mega would be cumbersome.

- They could use some Headlights.

This is perhaps my greatest gripe with both dozers; they REALLY NEED some headights. When at night or underground, unless you have a Light EPP II, the Mining Helmet, the Lantern Stick or some other non-Flashlight source of light, you just can't see past the blade, and this makes working at night real hard as you might end up destroying something you didn't want to. I know you can no longer use the standard lights button of the Hooverbikes, but maybe you could bind it to the F key, or else, just leave them always on.

- The Mega's cabin is a bit too small.

This is just a minor nitpick but I thought it'd be worth mentioning. When driving the Mega, about 3 pixels of my characters's head are always sticking out of the cabin. Maybe it could be a bit bigger. But not much of a problem here.

Anyway, as a whole, I give this mod a 9/10, because despite the minor issues, it performer fantastically for what I wanted it for. And that's what matters most. Hope this lil' review helps.

Erazil likes this.
  12. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

i have same trouble in snow planet ( deconstruct a apex lab )

13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Considering that these vehicles are so expensive (10,000 pixels for small and 15,000 for large) and the fact that they can take damage (necessitating repair), they would still be more-or-less balanced even if they dropped the blocks and ore instead of destroying them.

Please, please change it so they drop blocks instead of destroying them! I love the way these vehicles look, feel and the way they function - except for destroying blocks. That's a deal-breaker for me!

Thing is, according to the description, these dozers are designed to destroy blocks - even touting it as a feature (to save FPS and clutter in inventory). The fact that they drop any blocks at all is probably considered a bug.

HOWEVER, from all this feedback, it's pretty clear that there is plenty of demand for dozers which do not destroy blocks.

If you won't change these dozers, then please release a separate version that drops blocks.

ZephyrtheDragon likes this.
  14. ZephyrtheDragon

ZephyrtheDragon Big Damn Hero

I came here to say this as well. Seeing as I'm attempting to power towards the Destroyer of Worlds achievements in starbound, if this thing were to not destroy every dirt block, that would be wonderful.

15. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

In case LoneSlider's tip on how to force the dozers to drop blocks seems too cryptic, what you need to do is edit dozer.lua (preferably with Notepad++), located in skizots_dozers\vehicles\dozer, from these lines (starting on line 261):
    Code:
      if matname and harvestmats(matname) ~= 0 then
      hrv = 1
      end
    ...to this:
    Code:
    -- if matname and harvestmats(matname) ~= 0 then
      hrv = 1
    -- end
    To make it seem fair, I increased the prices of the Mini and Mega dozers to 14000 and 19000, respectively. I did that by changing the "price" field in megadozercontroller.activeitem as well as megadozercontroller.activeitem, respectively, located in skizots_dozers\items\active\vehiclecontroller.

This works like a charm! :nuruhappy: As an added bonus, I accidentally discovered that pressing the [Spacebar] will allow you to pick up all nearby dropped blocks without even having to exit the vehicle! <3

Actually, after some testing, I discovered that using dozers which drop blocks does not feel cheaty at all. In any area that has a highly rough surface or swiss-cheesed with caverns and tunnels (which is pretty much every planet I've visited), I found it about as fast to mine with a low-to-mid tier upgraded Matter Manipulator. I had to stop frequently to lay down blocks to give the dozer a path over the chasms I kept creating. Otherwise, the dozer falls through or gets stuck. However, I must say that digging and mining with a dozer is -tons- more fun!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Erazil likes this.
  16. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great Great Great Great Thanks !!!!!!

17. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated Skizot's Dozers with a new update entry:

finally uploaded

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I do love them. But they could use a few minor improvements.
    1. Last time I checked, they're invincible. The seriously overpowered(awesome) mechs from your XS mechs mod couldn't touch it. Yet they can be destroyed. Granted I think they'd have some serious damage resistance, sure. But I think those mechs should be able waste the dozers. Just on principal.

2. The platform collision disappears once you get moving. I think something like what is done in vanilla's objects/wired/movingplatform/movingplatform.lua would work.. or so I say having not even worked on vehicles quite yet. I only noticed after parking a mech on top.

Beyond the dozers, that sort of thing could enable more casual vehicles like a pickup truck, or a semi-truck/tractor hauling a flatbed trailer. Maybe something like that to haul your fluffalo around. A dozer on the back of a flatbed trailer going down the road would look cool for RP purposes I think. I was going to make an "elevator" vehicle though, and it would necessarily do just that once I get around to it. My elevator would have up/down and left/right travel. So... basically a 2d Wonkavator.

But back to this, moving collisions could be cool for this mod in another way. It could have a collision for the ... what do you call that part at the front? The blocks being destroyed/item drops would be in that thing. The moving collision would keep them there where they belong. Filling your inventory with that stuff becomes a choice. And it means this vehicle could theoretically push NPCs and other vehicles around :D. Now how much more fun would that make demolishing an NPC village?

Then you could have a backhoe that works similarly. It can dig, and the item drops would stay in the "cup" (or whatever that part is called) until you dumped it. But maybe a backhoe is too much work from an animation standpoint. But it would be cool!

20. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

tbh i havent touched anything on these except minor code changes since early glad giraffe
    they were my first vehicles, as such theres some horribly stupid crap hehe