RELEASED Silent Valley Mod (No Train/Dog/Cat/etc sound)

Discussion in 'Music/SFX' started by EpicAdventure, Mar 31, 2016.

1. EpicAdventure

EpicAdventure Zero Gravity Genie

Hello Stardew Valley players! Welcome to my humble mod thread. :DD
    I'll be releasing here simple mods to get rid of sounds players find annoying in Stardew Valley.

The first one is:

[​IMG]
    Silent dog. http://www.mediafire.com/download/llu87m4y7dzoelx/Dog_Mute.zip
    Requested by a player in gog.com (you can read the topic HERE). He was getting so annoyed by the dog, that he wanted to restart the whole game again, to select the cat, instead.

Instructions:
    - Make a copy of Wave Bank.xwb (.../Stardey Valley/Content/XACT), and save it in another folder. Just in case you want to hear the dog again.
    - Extract the new Wave Bank to XACT folder, overwrite.
    - Start the game.
    - Go to options, Footstep volume, and reduce to zero (unless you don't mind hearing the dog steps when its running in the farm, and scratching).
    It doesn't seems possible to remove only the dog steps sounds, so you have to mute the farmer steps, too. Sorry about that.

SOON:
    * Silent cat. Completed.
    * Train. Completed.

Feel free to ask me to modify/mute a sound for you!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
      HopeWasHere, Pietoro and Vixxi like this.
    • EpicAdventure

[​IMG]
      Silent cat. http://www.mediafire.com/download/efv4wwadp0axfaf/Dog_and_Cat_Mute.zip
      Instructions:
      - Make a copy of Wave Bank.xwb (.../Stardey Valley/Content/XACT), and save it in another folder. Just in case you want to hear the cat again.
      - Start the game.
      - Go to options, Footstep volume, and reduce to zero.

• EpicAdventure

[​IMG]
        Maybe I'm unlucky, but the train is frequently doing visits in my playthrough.
        This mod doesn't remove ALL the sounds from the train. If are near the train station, you'll hear the train moving (it wouldn't make sense for a huge thing like this to be completely silent).
        But you won't hear the train aproaching/leaving the city, if you are distant from the trails.
        There's two versions:

Train mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/215uo3c24k5t73g/Train_mod.zip

Train mod (+Silent Dog and Cat): http://www.mediafire.com/download/1y9j3ttgb1xp7t7/No_Train_Sound.zip

Instructions:
        - Make a copy of Wave Bank.xwb (.../Stardey Valley/Content/XACT), and save it in another folder.
        - Start the game.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hi, can you help me with this? I'd like to have the cat noises sound like a pug noises because I am using the pug as a cat (because I also have another dog) until someone releases a proper mod to have multiple different breeds of the same animal. D:

Vixxi likes this.
          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Not going to lie... Thought this was a Silent Hill x Stardew Valley crossover mod for a moment. Got sort of excited, clicked the thread, realized that it was a sound removal mod. Was kind of hoping that it would be a monster retexture with SH mobs replacing SDV ones.

That said, a way to shut those f***ing trains up is good too.

MayaMayhem, EpicAdventure and Vixxi like this.
            • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Seconding this. I make mods for the cat and dog that are neither cat nor dog and would love to learn how to change the sound.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Holy crap, that is a brilliant idea though! Making all the monsters like the ones from SH as well as maybe changing the portraits to look less friendly and more bland. Oooh! And maybe someone could mod the main parts of outside to have foggy days in place of regular and rainy days. Similar to the steam in the bath house.
                The dog could also be the undead looking ones and animals could be grotesque or skeletal. Heck, maybe some of the characters could just be changed to be pyramid head as a bachelor or even the mayor (I'm laughing at that mental image) and one of the bachelorettes could be a nurse.
                I like this idea a lot. But I don't have the technical know how to do much besides resprite a few things and do pixel art. Still, there are likely others, you should make a thread on it and people can contribute.
                Silentdew Valley.

• EpicAdventure

You want the "dog" to bark when you click on it, right?
                  Ok.
                  But if you want it to sound like a pug and not a generic dog, I need you to send me the sound you wish to use.
                  You can use this site to upload the sound:
                  http://vocaroo.com/?upload

• bumpbutts

bumpbutts Void-Bound Voyager

Could you mute the horse galloping? I got a mod that turns the horse into a moped so hearing it gallop is kind of weird.

Stardews likes this.
                    • Blobby

Blobby Master Chief

Thank you so much! I started a new game and the dog's bark is so freaking loud! Glad I don't have to restart <3

EpicAdventure likes this.
                      • Zalym

Zalym Intergalactic Tourist

If you are still working on this, are you able and willing to get rid of the flies ambient buzzing in the summer? That is one of the (if not THE) most annoying sound effect I've ever heard -- its just so realistically persistent. :)

Thank you.

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Can you share with us the process you went through when making this or any guides you followed. That would be greatly appreciated.

• Praecantetia

Praecantetia Space Spelunker

can you make one that removes the steps of the horse? it doesn't make sense for a bird skinned horse to clop the ground like that.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much for this. That bark was driving me mad!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Would love to have a junimo squeak to replace the cat, if anyone is still working on this. My farm pet is always a Junimo but it still meows.

• NocturnesMom

NocturnesMom Big Damn Hero

I have a mod that replaced the dog with Togepi. While it is adorable seeing it run around like the dog, it is disconcerting hearing it bark. If you are still doing this, I have uploaded 2 sound files with Togepi's trill from the anime. Thank you in advance.
                                  Togepi's full trill (2 seconds) - https://vocaroo.com/i/s07J5OoBllPc
                                  Togepi's short rill (1 second) - https://vocaroo.com/i/s1LTVfF6QbxI

• Artos

Artos Master Chief

Is there a way to shut down the loud machine at the smiths house?

• fennectech

fennectech Space Hobo

can you apply the silent dog to this wavebank from the switch version of stardew valley? Can you also silence cows pigs and the cat? i cant xact to accept the files i generate and xwbextractor extracts multiple hundreds of gigabytes of garbage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/buf0eh23hgh2ty0/XACT.zip?dl=0

• asthextic

asthextic Void-Bound Voyager

I really want a mod that silence all the machines