1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I use mods?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ShadowRecon97, May 25, 2017.

1. ShadowRecon97

ShadowRecon97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last time I used mod, it's all turn to perfect green block, so, should I?

2. RogueZephyr

RogueZephyr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've had no problems with mods, so go for it

3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Do it as long as the mod is at the current build

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

jonathonspy is correct. As long as the mod is for the current official version of Starbound there should be no problem. Make sure you install correctly as well. If you still have problems try posting in the support section.

If you're asking for opinions on using a mod then I say go for it if you're interested in what the mod offers or are bored with vanilla.

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. Rocko_Dan

Rocko_Dan Void-Bound Voyager

If your playing starbound on steam, then get the mods of steam workshop, as they update automatically.

And if you want to go heavily modded, I recommend getting frackin' universe, frackin' races and frackin' music. They're great mods I feel your going modded. But just a reminder, if you use a character on frackin' universe, it's a one way trip, so you won't be able to use your vanilla character on vanilla again, unless you back the character up.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

You do you. I personally don't like using mods because it feels like "cheating"

Update: There is a chance that an update can screw up your entire save.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

*shrugs* The only two mods I have are one that gives me extra zoom levels (x1 is great for screenshot mapping my builds), and a mod that puts non-craftable crafting tables into the 3D printer once you've scanned them. Mostly because I wanted that modern-looking kitchen counter, but the other options are nice too.

There's plenty of mods that don't really "cheat" at all.

jonathonspy likes this.