1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Beta players be allowed to record?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghoschief, Mar 1, 2012.

?

Should the beta holders be able to record?

1. No, it would ruin the sense of "mystery" and I would rather keep my Starbound virginity

37 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Yes, I would love to see footage from this game once the beta is released!

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. meh.

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waspor

Waspor Subatomic Cosmonaut

fare enough, there should be SOMETHING shone about the beta, though. Weather it's stuff from chucklefish themselves or well known and liked members of the media community, I don't mind either way as long as there is SOMETHING.

2. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Well of course! Official gameplay videos are perfectly fine. I'm sure there will be something.

Waspor likes this.
  3. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

Remember this?

I'd like to see this again... Yea PaperbatVG spoiled the game completly for me :D but it was my choise to watch these videos! I wanted to know alot about this game, I wanted to see the game in action. I
    I voted yes ;)

4. Waspor

In a dream world, it'd be weekly snapshots showing off some of what they've been working on, nothing spoiler-y, just stuff like terrain, gear, and animal generation, physics, etc.

5. Daitenshi

Once the game is released don't be surprised if that happens

Waspor likes this.
  6. Waspor

I just hope I don't have to wait long :oops:

7. Daitenshi

End of summer at the latest hopefully!

Waspor likes this.
  8. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do believe they've already started doing this. I don't know if it'll always be screenshots, but I'm pretty sure every friday they'll be putting updates about stuff on the site.

9. Daitenshi

Isn't there a weekly Wallpaper?

Waspor likes this.
  10. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

Why yes, yes there is.

11. Daitenshi

Woo! Luckly there is! Kinda like concept art...

Waspor likes this.
  12. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

It looks like it. The blog-type posts on the front page says "wallpaper of the week #" as the title of the posts with wallpapers.

Edit: Someone posted quicker than I did on the subject! Curse you!(but not really)

Waspor likes this.
  13. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, but its more of a wallpaper thing then a concept art thing

Waspor likes this.
  14. Waspor

It actually IS their concept art, just finished, I have week two as my wallpaper ATM :cool:

15. nish

nish Subatomic Cosmonaut

its gonna happen either way, its up to you whether you want to explore it for yourself or get the juicy spoilers, they don't normally spoil games for me, playing them is most of the fun xD

16. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

mabey upload short teasers?

17. Knightwyvern

Knightwyvern Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps then the Devs could go down the route of Minecraft, Starfarer and others and offer an opportunity to pay less to play beta and own the game, or pay more to buy at release. It seems to be a pretty effective method.

18. imperishable

imperishable Pangalactic Porcupine

No, but I think they should release footage before the beta, as the animation quality is apparently one of the draws to the game.

19. Daitenshi

The animation is lovely for the art style.

20. jojowithmojo

jojowithmojo Big Damn Hero

i say idc honestly if i bacame a beta tester i would like make vids and also if they make vids u dont have to watch thm so y would it matter if they did make thm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.