1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipstructor (WIP) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Team_MTSSM, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Oh man is there anything that we can do to bring this back some of my favorite starbound memories were in Mad Tulip's ship mod

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey, I was wondering if it were possible for you to release a standalone version of the mod's tiles and objects. Most of the stuff I used from this mod back in the Koala days were the tiles, objects, and stuff from Base In a Box, which is a standalone mod separate from this. It's too bad that most of the people who were working on this mod left, but it'd be a shame to see all those wonderful tiles and objects go to waste!

3. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

Its really a lack of people working on the mod, if you want to see the mod come back why not go contribute to the github repo?

Here's the Giant Todo list

Yeah I wouldnt like to see all my hard work go to waste either, i have sank many doezen hours into the mods since the days of koala

unfortunatly Markelius i dont think it would be wise just to package the objects and tiles, especially since people already were complaining that there was no recipes or shipworlds ....... yeah they still need to be redone :L

4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I haven't taken a look at the mod in a while, what would need to be done in order to make my suggestion happen? If there aren't any recipes for things, I'd be happy to make them, especially considering there's already stuff like the metal press that could be used as crafting stations. Shipworlds I don't really consider to be a huge deal considering there are plenty of mods which allow the player to build a ship out of blocks, such as this one that I use.

Anyways it wouldn't be a complete experience but to be honest I'd rather be able to build cool stuff with the tiles and have to use another mod for custom building a ship than not be able to use the tiles at all.

5. HuggableCreep

Hmmm well I see your point well i was fiddling around with some new textures here

i managed to make a decent new animation for a metalpress ship constructor all in one :L

theres a catch though its kinda late here so im not going to be able to finish with the objects/recipes .....
    and boy theres a butload more of them

Also Markelius If you are up to creating crafting materials/recipes go for it
    though you may have to create dummy objects for some of the ship objects that are missing

EDIT: oops i almost forgot to commit it to the repo on git hub give me a few mins guys

Ok so Markelius I'm having some issues with the repo at the moment so heres a zip for you
    BTW its for Cheerfull Giraffe Nightly ;3

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Oh awesome! I'll let you know of my results later on. Can't wait to get to use those awesome blocks again. :)

7. HuggableCreep

Oh I almost forgot Markelius the blocks has a new tile render template and apex is currently the only one done, recoloring it for the others sould not take long though

Today im hoping to get THese things done :
    All the basic racial tiles including glass and windows, along with the tile templated for TileD (dungeons yo!)
    Objects, we are still pretty shy of objects at the moment so more would be nice :L
    Contact zoomah about some mods/fixes for the decotool script i used in the mod for cheerfull giraffe

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I might look into pitching in. But much of that appears to be artwork things. The thing is I'm not an artist. I can do simple stuff(mostly edits).

I might grab some AI stuff which I've been thinking of looking into more for my own purposes. Or maybe some LUA stuff which I am playing with now.

Then I have some unfinished projects of my own too. But I might contribute where I can. I don't expect it would be a ton. Some of those unfinished projects might be of great benefit to this and other mods too, if things pan out the way I think.

You know as the currently uploaded file is obsolete, you might as well post an "update" to change to an external site - namely to redirect to your current build - complete or not. I know you have a warning and all, but far too many people are reading adverse. Sometimes it is just easier to do things like that.

Well supposing you didn't want the shipworld itself but want the stuff(once they have it all done), delete the universe_server.config.patch file. The same would apply if you wanted stuff from my shipmod(not much yet but soon) and didn't want my shipworld. Although for this one I think you're either going to need a custom treasurepool file, or add recipes for the things you would be given in the ship locker. I believe the locker has important stuff.

Suddenly I have a nifty alternative to patch files. For the Shipyard Rebuild mod I think I'm going to add containers to it with a custom treasurepools that adds stuff like that from other mods. Supposing you don't have the mods, they would be filled with perfectly generic items, so no harm. That seems better than creating a ton of patch files to get stuff into ship lockers.

9. captainlee10

captainlee10 Void-Bound Voyager

I tried the github download and only got a README.md, please help!

10. Plottermos

Plottermos Aquatic Astronaut

So is this still worked on or has i died of completely? Seems like the last commit was 23 days ago by Royal-jelly.
    I don't know nothing about Starbound modding but I know some programming and a bit of json so i thought I could at least help with hunting bugs and stuff :)
    If anyone is still alive around here give me a pm or something.

11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Change the branch. There's nothing on Master but that readme.

12. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been thinking about trying a custom ship world mod and I'm checking the options. Does anyone know how functional the development branch of this for actual play right now?

13. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

No idea ATM, will check out the Sid branch later today, as that seems to be the only one with any recent activity.

14. marceldp

marceldp Void-Bound Voyager

hi, im having trouble with the mod. on github i donwload the sid branch, but should i download them all? and also, the scientist wont give me the starting quest.

15. Creeperciaran

Creeperciaran Orbital Explorer

i think the mod might be broken.

16. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Oh... I looks as if ZeJellyWaffel (Huggable Creep) did not update the topic...
    NOTE: THIS MOD IS DEAD! (KIND OF READ POST BELOW)
    Admin.. Please close this thread... I will have Huggable post here...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  17. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Dead and abandoned? A shame, I liked Madtulip's mod. What happened?

18. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Well actually just two days ago it was started to be worked on my Madtulip himself. So this mod is dead but "Madtulip's Spaceship Mod" will be revived!
    NOTE: MADTULIP'S SPACESHIP MOD WILL BE BACK FOR 1.0 BUT THIS MOD WILL NOT

19. Istvan002

Istvan002 Void-Bound Voyager

20. Wheatception

Wheatception Space Spelunker

The GitHub link is down, really wanted to try this mod out. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.