1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Ship locker missing after update?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KingCake, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptera_tinsel

ptera_tinsel Void-Bound Voyager

It looks like official word is there is no chance of recovery. I should probably stop procrastinating on downloading that Starbound backup tool...

2. tongpu

tongpu Space Hobo

I just had my ship locker disappear as well, along with a quarter of the chests on my ship. I had just started a town too. Oh well.

3. tuiti123

tuiti123 Space Hobo

Is anyone even trying to fix this?

4. Elsie

Elsie Guest

There has been a hotfix or two so far, but the problem hasn't been completely solved. What I'm doing is just not playing until it gets fixed or if we get a final answer as to whether or not it's fixable.

5. morningtide13

morningtide13 Aquatic Astronaut

Where is this official word you speak of, or are you just speculating? I have yet to see a single developer response to the issue at large.

I'd really like to know if they even intend to try and fix this issue or if we should just cut our losses and move on.

6. ptera_tinsel

ptera_tinsel Void-Bound Voyager

Here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...surrounding-hotfix-2-for-enraged-koala.72178/

7. Samsagace

Samsagace Space Hobo

Same as Trepsik :

8. Kithikor

Kithikor Orbital Explorer

You got ALL your stuff back?

9. SexyGoatGod

SexyGoatGod Space Spelunker

I had a stack of four metal boxes and the middle two disappeared, leaving the top and bottom ones still use-able. I decided that even though they were all full, all the items would be able to be replaced eventually, so I destroyed the bottom crate. Nothing from the middle crates was dropped, so I'm just assuming that all chests and such that have gone missing (sort-of) are un-replaceable. I'm going to grab my clothes, ores, instruments and my seeds and re-box what I can and hopefully the new boxes will stay. If not, at least I'll have what I managed to salvage.

10. RedMatter

RedMatter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here, I have my Ship Locker missing and a few of my storage crates missing. I also cannot interact with beds.

11. Danibrynn

Danibrynn Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think so. I did the same thing, and it just gives you a brand new ship, which includes your ship locker that contains the matter manipulator, the crappy broken sword, the wheat seeds, and whatever else you start out with. You don't get anything you had in the locker before the update back. :( And I don't think we will.

12. alexleduc

alexleduc Master Chief

I got that issue too. the ship's built-in locker, along with everything that was in it, is gone. Here's my patebin: http://pastebin.com/nbsF8Vd8

13. xxx

xxx Void-Bound Voyager

ok, can someone please verify that this is a problem with the patch or the hotfix? i updated yesterday to the newest patch and it worked just fine, everything there. mine dissapeared after the hotfix and only some of them. However, i had my stuff in small white lockers and i am able to stand on them as if the locker was there...

14. DemiGod Azrael

DemiGod Azrael Space Hobo

Sucks because I had the same thing happen to me but I kept everything valuable in there because I figured it was in my space ship. This sucks! ! (*.*\)

15. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

Everything reported above goes for me. Shiplocker no where to be found...with everything valuable inside...sigh...

16. Throndir

Throndir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just transferred all my items to a new character. All I really lost are my techs, but other than that seems to work for me.

Luckily I actually didn't keep much in my ship locker...

17. Kevinik

Kevinik Tentacle Wrangler

Now I have to start over everything important was on my Ship locker.

18. deltax20a

deltax20a Seal Broken

I was able to load some older shipworld files I had backed up and get some items (pixel compressor) but I am still out the contents of my locker, fuel, and my robotics table, and my extra processors were in the locker. So that kinda sets me back from going to Tier10 tonight, gonna have to go back, get iron, make steel, craft a fucking robot, beat its shit, and get the robotics table back.

19. Thunderdragon39

Thunderdragon39 Space Hobo

Since my ship locker is gone already, is there a way to get it back? I had a bunch of valuables in there.

20. PAL-18

PAL-18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I lost all my lockers of valuables (the high tech chests) except for 4 of them which somehow managed to stay around.

I thought that ship resetting was never going to happen again according to the last patch. Can't you test the patches more before releasing them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.