1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Shift clicking items to move them

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Keichan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Keichan

Keichan Void-Bound Voyager

So i read on some posts that you can shift click items in your inventory to move them towards storage containers or vendors.
    But that doesn't seem to work for me.
    Do i need a mod to get this to work?

OR does anyone else have this problem?

Skelozard1 likes this.
  2. Splatulated

Splatulated Scruffy Nerf-Herder

left shift and then click

storage container need to have same type item or be empty

3. Keichan

It's not working for me with left shift click on an empty container :(
    And i have no clue why...

4. Wazamaga

Wazamaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait, are you clicking on the container, or the items you are trying to move into it?

5. Keichan

Clicking on the items that i want to move into the empty container

6. Wazamaga

Wazamaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Idk then, that's wierd.

7. Keichan

My single block placement isn't working either anymore for some reason after the "hotfix"

8. Kittails

Kittails Void-Bound Voyager

hmm....since both of your shift functions aren't working it sounds like your shift key isn't working or the game at least isn't recognizing it. Assuming your shift key works, I'd double check in starbound options that the shift key is properly assigned.

9. Keichan

It worked fine for single block placement before the hotfix not sure what's wrong now :(

10. Splatulated

Splatulated Scruffy Nerf-Herder

does your shift key work at all ?

11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

press escape go to the controls settings there are 3 categories, see which oen is chosen for that option, try to rebind it if it is set but doesn't works.

12. Keichan

Yeah it's working fine outside the game and it used to work inside also.
    Will try to rebind the key and see if that works.
    --- Post updated ---
    I deleted my config file and rebound my keys in the exact same way and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
    Very strange :)
    Thanks for the assistance folks!

13. Kiwi_Q

Kiwi_Q Void-Bound Voyager

can you walk me through on how to fix this because i have the same problem
    :p

14. Namtazar

Namtazar Subatomic Cosmonaut

for radical method - go to your game directory. (steamapps - common - starbound) In starbound directory find storage dir - this is where all your player and universe files should be. all you need is to delete your config file (backup it first i recommend) or edit it manually if you know how it works. If you delete it - on the next game start all your option configuration will be changes to default.
    But maybe you just need to open options tab in game, choose configuration controls and rebind your keyboard to make shift work again?

15. DoodleDangWang

DoodleDangWang Space Hobo

Had to create an account to add since I've not seen anyone mention it: the key is called "GuiShifting" and mine was bound to the "m" key (not default). This can be found in the above mentioned config file. Not sure if that's doublebound, but M for me is the Matter Manipulator (rebound, I'm lefthanded). When a chest GUI is open in game, try using the key your Matter Manipulator is bound to and see what that does. If that doesn't work, you'll have to rebind the key manually in the above mentioned config file using your favorite text editor (since I didn't see "GuiShifting" in the in-game rebind menu). Search "GuiShifting" in the text file, go there, and change whatever is there to the right of "Key" to an appropriate key of your choosing. Hope this helps!

16. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

do you have the steam overlay?

if so, this can happen quite often (its a problem with the steam overlay shortcut (shift + Tab))

just press shift and tab again and your shift key should be usuable again

17. edensgenesis

edensgenesis Void-Bound Voyager

My friend had this problem years ago to the point he completely forgot about this command that he played without it, simply moving every thing one by one from one side with a mouse to another looking like a complete noob xD
    Now he got use to using it once again. xD

DemChanges likes this.