1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion SharpStar - Proxy server with support for C#, Python, Javascript, and Lua plugins

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mitch528, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Omnija, severedskullz and Maffi like this.
  2. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, what does this wrapper support ? Windows ? Linux ?

Cheers.

3. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

It supports both Windows and Linux (with Mono).

4. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

Verison 0.1.2
    -----------------------
    • Added more packets
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Added/Changed helper functions, see original post
    • Added admincommands.lua plugin to original post
    • Overall improvements

5. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Any chance of a planet protect plugin? Since without that i see no use for this really. I need to change my spawn planet every days since everybody keeps killing it :)

6. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

Yes. I just added a planet protect plugin.

Verison 0.1.3
    -----------------------
    • Changes to packet classes
    • Added planetprotect.lua plugin to original post

7. TooManySecrets

A server status plugin lol :) Il just keep on going and see if it works like my last post did. This was like a instant update :)

Also any tutorial for Ubuntu on how to set this up.

8. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

where to add the admin? to use the command

9. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

What exactly would the server status plugin do?

For Ubuntu (Terminal):

Add a file to the plugins directory named "admincommands.lua.json," and put in the following:

Code:
    {
      "admins": [
        "player_uuid_here"
      ]
    }
    You can find your player's uuid in the Starbound/player directory.

10. TooManySecrets

Server status plugin is so i can make some html code on my site that asks SharpStar if the SharpStar wrapper is running and maybe show the number of players online. I needs to be for the wrapper else it creates a memory leek in the starbound server.

I also have no plugins folder. Also where do we set up the ports that your wrapper listens to and the the port for the starbound_server?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  11. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

I'll see what I can come up with for a status plugin. Run SharpStar.exe once and it should generate the plugins folder and a config file that you can edit (sharpstar.json).

12. TooManySecrets

When i run it i get this.
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Address already in use
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in                  <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start (Int32 backlog) [0x00000] in <filename                  unknown>:0
      at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Server.StarboundServer.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                 
      at SharpStar.SharpStarMain.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknow                  n>:0
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Address a                  lready in use
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in                  <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start (Int32 backlog) [0x00000] in <filename                  unknown>:0
      at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Server.StarboundServer.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                 
      at SharpStar.SharpStarMain.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SharpStar.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknow                  n>:0

13. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

Are you running the Starbound server at the same time? If so, you need to stop the server and change "gamePort" in starbound.config to something else (e.g. 21024). Or, if you want SharpStar to run on a different port, go to sharpstar.json and change listenPort to 21024 and serverPort to 21025.

14. TooManySecrets

So this wraper starts starbound server itself or do i need to start it?

15. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

You need to start both SharpStar and the Starbound server. Both have to be on different ports though.

16. TooManySecrets

Ok completely new problem
    Code:
    SharpStar Version 0.1.3
    Missing method System.Numerics.BigInteger::Parse(string,IFormatProvider) in assembly /usr/lib/mono/gac/System.Numerics/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll, referenced in assembly /home/steam/starbound/wrapper/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Numerics.BigInteger.Parse'.
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAsInt32Internal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Numerics.BigInteger.Parse'.
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAsInt32Internal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

17. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

how to use?

18. Mitch528

Mitch528 Big Damn Hero

Fixed in version 0.1.4.

If you're using Windows, you need to run SharpStar.exe. If you're using LInux, you need to run SharpStar.exe with mono.

You also need to change the "gamePort" setting in starbound.config to something other than 21025 (e.g. 21024). If you don't want to do that, you need to modify sharpstar.json.

19. Madcatyoji

Madcatyoji Space Spelunker

Did the most recent update break this wrapper as well?

20. TooManySecrets

I think it does but try it out