Sharing ships

Discussion in 'Other' started by Grillby, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Grillby

Grillby Void-Bound Voyager

So I was playing starbound with mods with some friends, and we all decided to use a large ship mod we had as our ship. Every player had their own room, their own decorations and such. I recently thought of this and thought to myself, "What if we could all start the game in the same ship?" Each player would still progress normally, it's just that everyone shares a ship. Instead of moving the ship to a planet though, players could launch some sort of drone to get to different planets. Each room / drone would have a different look depending on the race a player is, similar to the default ships. So basically the idea is:

-All players start the game in the same ship
    -The ship has 2-10 rooms for players to use
    -Rooms are different depending on race
    -Rooms' doors will only open for the respective player. If the player wants to invite a friend, they have to open it themselves, otherwise it opens and closes automatically.
    -Every player has their own Drone that they can deploy from their rooms to teleport to different planets
    -All rooms are connected by a central "hub"

I personally think it'd be pretty fun. :D

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  2. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a MARVELOUS idea! I'm not entirely sure about the "Rooms different depending on race" thing, perhaps just have the entire ship be race neutral?