REQUEST Shane Dialogue Edit

Discussion in 'Mods' started by angelmgf103, Jan 15, 2017.

1. angelmgf103

angelmgf103 Void-Bound Voyager

Never posted here before so I don't really know if this is okay but...

I have no idea how to mod SDV, so I was wondering if someone could edit a few lines of Shane's dialogue for me. Specifically these three lines from after you marry him-

1 --- "*smooch*... Mmm, it tastes like someone's been nibbling on pizza rolls."

2 --- "*Sniff*... *sniff*... mmm... what's that wonderful fragrance you're wearing? Eau de pepperoni?"

3 --- "I already fed the kids two bowls of pizza puffs cereal. They'll be full for a while."

I love pizza, and pizza related things as much as the next person--I wouldn't be marrying Shane if I didn't, but these lines take it a bit too far imo.

I have some suggestions,

1 --- "*smooch*...Mmm, have I mentioned lately how much I love you?"

2 --- "*Sniff...*sniff*...mmm....what's that wonderful fragrance you're wearing? New perfume?"

3 --- "I already fed the kids two plates of pancakes. They'll be full for a while."

Sorry if it's a bit much, and thanks for any help....

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I got a little time, let me edit this for you :p
      Any other request for his dialogue?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Okay, here you go!
        I changed the lines you wanted - and how you wanted them - and I took the liberty of changing some of the others included in his Marriage Dialogue file.

To add this to your game download the file, unzip it, and copy it to the MarriageDialogueShane.xnb file inside the Dialogue folder (Stardew valley -> Content -> Characters -> Dialogue). When it asks you if you want to override the file that is already there, you click YES!
        It's very simple but if you have any issues, please say so! I've added a backup file in case something goes wrong!

Any requests, feel free to contact me!

Attached Files:

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not OP but I wanted to say thank you! I tweaked the dialogue for my game a bit based on this. Love it! :)

Karmylla likes this.
          • angelmgf103

angelmgf103 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!

Karmylla likes this.
            • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Just about to add this to my game. I love him, but he does need some fluffier dialogue options.

Karmylla likes this.
              • Bless our person and saviour Karmylla :D

Karmylla likes this.
                • cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you for this!

Karmylla likes this.
                  • springacres

Finally figured out how to peek into XNB files on a Mac, and I have to say, I love what you did with his dialogue! I ended up making my own tweaks too, of course, but I'm impressed with how closely your edits mirrored my headcanon. :D

• laverniust

laverniust Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the idea behind this mod! If it's not too much trouble, could you list the other dialogue changes you made? I have some more of his lines I'd like to change for when I play, but I don't want to request something that you've already altered! Thanks :)

Karmylla likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey @laverniust I'll add the full log with my edit of Shane's dialogue during marriage, so you can see what you like and not like.
                        If you have any requests, say so!

Rainy_Day_0: "I hope Jas and Marnie are doing alright without me...#$e#I'm not too worried... Jas is old enough now to take care of the animals on her own." #!String
                        Rainy_Day_1: "You know what? I think I've lost some weight since moving in with you!$h" #!String
                        Rainy_Day_2: "Here... take this.[346 174 303 305 215]#$e#I bought some of those a while ago and I thought you would like it.$h" #!String
                        Rainy_Day_3: "Buhh... I don't feel like being productive today. Can't we just stay in bed and watch something while we eat some squishy pizza?" #!String
                        Rainy_Day_4: "@, should I do something useful today?... Or just nap forever?" #!String
                        Rainy_Night_0: "Hmm... seems like a good night to microwave a few pizza rolls.#$e#Some people like to cook them in the oven, but it just takes too long for me. Plus I like that squishy texture.$h" #!String
                        patio_Shane: "Charlie's doing very well! He's very happy in his new home.$8" #!String
                        Rainy_Night_1: "The tip-tappa-tip of the rain takes me to a different time... A different place...$3" #!String
                        Rainy_Night_2: "I guess... If I had some pants I might've gone outside today... But, nah.$6" #!String
                        Rainy_Night_3: "I like gloomy weather, but I feel kinda bad for the hens..." #!String
                        Rainy_Night_4: "Tip-tappa-tip-tappa-tip... I'm starting to feel drowsy..." #!String
                        Indoor_Day_0: "Buh... Sometimes life feels like a slow, gray blur... Know what I mean?" #!String
                        Indoor_Day_1: "Hey, @. Take this... I put a bit too much in the microwave. [195 215 206]$6#$e#Sorry if it's squishy.$h" #!String
                        Indoor_Day_2: "Do me a favor... When I pass away, use my dust to fertilize some corn for the hens...#$e#That way we'll always be together, me and the hens.$h" #!String
                        Indoor_Day_3: "*smooch*... Mmm, have I told you lately that I love you?$6" #!String
                        Indoor_Day_4: "@, I may keep to myself a lot, and I may seem unhappy sometimes... But I do appreciate all the work you do and all the love you give. I'm a lucky guy.$6" #!String
                        Indoor_Night_0: "I'm just gonna eat a few more pizza rolls before closing my eyes for the night. You know how much I love them!$h" #!String
                        Indoor_Night_1: "If... If only... Ah, I was just thinking back on the glory days, when I played gridball on the varsity team.$6#$b#Now I'm old and weak, though...$2" #!String
                        Indoor_Night_2: "Ughh... *gurgle*... I feel a little bloated... Oof... Too much Joja all-purpose dipping sauce, oof..." #!String
                        Indoor_Night_3: "Buh... I wish I was six inches taller and a whole lot smarter...$2#$e#You like me for who I am? I still have a hard time understanding that...$6" #!String
                        Indoor_Night_4: "I spent all day watching TV and now my legs feel like soft dough...#$e#Guess I'll have to take it easy until tomorrow!$h" #!String
                        Outdoor_0: "I didn't sleep well last night so I'm hoping this fresh air will get the juices flowing.#$e#What juices, you ask? Heh... You're weird.$h" #!String
                        Outdoor_1: "Sometimes I stop and realize that I'm nothing more than a bag of juicy, squishy flesh.#$e#But hey... That's just fine... What's life, anyway?... And I've got you, now.$h" #!String
                        Outdoor_2: "When I stop and think about it... I'm in a good place. My life is pretty nice.$6" #!String
                        Outdoor_3: "Ooohh... My tongue is swollen from eating too many pepper poppers.$s" #!String
                        Outdoor_4: "Hey, @. You were sleeping like a baby so I slipped out of bed and went for a morning walk around the farm. Everything looks fine." #!String
                        OneKid_0: "It's weird, when I was younger I swore I'd never have a kid... I wonder what happened to me?$6" #!String
                        OneKid_1: "Let's make sure to give %kid1 lots of eggs... Baby's gotta grow those legs!" #!String
                        OneKid_3: "Papa Shane reporting for duty...$6#$e#Buh... I've become corny in my old age.$h" #!String
                        TwoKids_0: "I already fed the kids two plates of pancakes. They'll be full for a while." #!String
                        TwoKids_1: "I'll be honest... Two kids is enough for me." #!String
                        TwoKids_2: "Ugh... %kid2 is being a little brat today. Must've gotten that from me..." #!String
                        TwoKids_3: "*Sigh*... If only we could send the kids off to Joja work-camp for a season...#$e#I'm just kidding.$h" #!String
                        Good_0: "*Sniff*... *Sniff*... Mmm... What's that wonderful fragrance you're wearing? New perfume?$6" #!String
                        Good_1: "You're a lot better-looking than me, you know that?$4" #!String
                        Good_2: "The name 'Shane' means 'Gift from Yoba'... Ah!$h" #!String
                        Good_3: "I'm in a great mood today... The Tunnelers won big last night!$h" #!String
                        Good_4: "Hey, if I ever seem cranky, just ignore it. I get in weird moods sometimes, but it's not about you... Okay? Sometimes I just need some space and quiet to put myself together again." #!String
                        Good_5: "Ah... life on the farm sure beats working at Joja. That place was disgusting.$h#$e#You think it was depressing out front? Love, you should've seen the back room..." #!String
                        Good_6: "Ah... this is the life. No responsibilities, Tunnelers game tonight, fridge stocked with all the goodies a guy could need and you by my side. What more could a guy ask for?$h" #!String
                        Good_8: "I don't really feel like doing work today... Maybe I'll see what's on TV, or do you need any help around the farm?" #!String
                        Good_9: "Huh... You're wondering why I have this goofy grin on my face? You really have a short memory span, don't you? *blush*$h" #!String
                        Neutral_0: "Oh, do you need something from me? Sorry, I'm kind of busy at the moment." #!String
                        Neutral_2: "Why don't you tell me about your day when we're in bed tonight? I'm kind of busy right now..." #!String
                        Neutral_3: "Working at Joja was a drag, but at least I got to interact with people occasionally...$a" #!String
                        Neutral_4: "What, you want me to clean the dishes? I'll do it... Eventually..." #!String
                        Neutral_5: "Are we doing okay on money? I don't want to have to go back to work at Joja." #!String
                        Neutral_6: "If you need to go see your friends in town, go ahead. I'm happy in the company of the TV and a couple of tall boys." #!String
                        Neutral_8: "Ugh... Clean, clean, clean. Sweep, sweep, sweep. Bathe. Cook. Make the bed... Oh, well. Life's alright." #!String
                        Bad_5: "Look, I just want to be alone. Why don't you go outside and do your own thing for a while?" #!String
                        Bad_6: "What do you want? You sound like Marnie on one of her bad days. Go away.$a" #!String
                        Bad_7: "Farm-life is actually really boring. What am I doing here?$s" #!String
                        Bad_8: "Yeah... Sure, honey. Whatever you say..." #!String
                        funLeave_Shane: "I'm going to go out today, alright?#$e#It's story night with Emily and that girl always cracks me up with her jokes!$h" #!String
                        funReturn_Shane: "Sorry if I'm sweaty... That was quite a walk... Buh, I'm out of shape.$6" #!String
                        spring_1: "Ooooh... My head is hurting... We shouldn't have stayed up so late watching movies..." #!String
                        spring_12: "The egg festival is probably my favorite... You know me, I go crazy for anything to do with chickens!$h" #!String
                        spring_23: "Oh, right! It's the flower dance tomorrow.#$e#Hey, if it makes you happy, I'm happy.$6" #!String
                        summer_1: "I like seeing all the tropical plants this time of year. The valley gets so lush, so full of life...$6" #!String
                        summer_10: "I might fast until the luau tomorrow. I need the ol' bag to be empty so I can fill it with piping hot soup!$h" #!String
                        summer_27: "What are your plans for the fall? I'm going to try and incorporate more wine and beer into my diet...#$e#Just kidding!$h" #!String
                        fall_1: "Hmm... Do you think we could buy a few cases of pumpkin ale to celebrate the season? Not too many, I don't want to fall back into old patterns...$6" #!String
                        fall_15: "I'll be helping Marnie with the animals at tomorrow's fair, like usual. You should just kick back and have some fun.$6" #!String
                        fall_17: "I'm starting to really feel my age... And I'm not comfortable with that at all...$s" #!String
                        winter_1: "Any big plans this winter? I'll probably end up watching a lot of TV and just hanging out around the house... It's too cold outside!" #!String
                        winter_28: "Well, another year gone by... I look a little older, but you look just as beautiful as the night we shared those beers by the pond...$6" #!String

laverniust likes this.
                        • springacres

I guess this is as good a place as any to share this wonderful mod I found the other day that tweaks Shane's pre-marriage dialogues!
                          http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1061/?
                          And I'll just add a shameless plug for a tweak I did of Shane's Flower Dance dialogue post-marriage...
                          http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1070/?

SpouseFlowerDanceAccept_Shane: "Dance? Hoo-boy. Okay... let me chug a few more of these first...#$e#Just kidding! Although I am a little nervous about dancing in front of everyone.$6" #!String

laverniust and Karmylla like this.
                          • laverniust

@springacres I'm using your flower dance dialogue! And thank you so much @Karmylla, these are great! I do have some things I'd like to change.

Rainy_Day_3: "Buhh... I don't feel like being productive today. Can't we just stay in bed and watch something while we eat some squishy pizza?" #!String
                            --> "Buhh... I don't feel like being productive today. Can't we just stay in bed and watch something while we eat?"

Indoor_Night_0: "I'm just gonna eat a few more pizza rolls before closing my eyes for the night. You know how much I love them!$h" #!String
                            --> "I'm just gonna eat some leftovers before closing my eyes for the night. You know how much I love your cooking!$h"

Indoor_Night_4: "I spent all day watching TV and now my legs feel like soft dough...#$e#Guess I'll have to take it easy until tomorrow!$h" #!String
                            --> "I spent all day walking around and now my legs feel like soft dough...#$e#Guess I'll have to take it easy until tomorrow!$h"

Outdoor_3: "Ooohh... My tongue is swollen from eating too many pepper poppers.$s" #!String
                            --> "Ooohh... My mouth is burning from eating too many pepper poppers.$s"

OneKid_3: "Papa Shane reporting for duty...$6#$e#Buh... I've become corny in my old age.$h" #!String
                            --> "%kid1, you're hungry? Hi, Hungry. I'm Dad...$6#$e#Buh... I've become corny in my old age.$h"

Good_6: "Ah... this is the life. No responsibilities, Tunnelers game tonight, fridge stocked with all the goodies a guy could need and you by my side. What more could a guy ask for?$h" #!String
                            --> "Ah... this is the life. No shifts at JojaMart, Tunnelers game tonight, fridge stocked with all the goodies a guy could need, and you by my side. What more could a guy ask for?$h"

springacres and Karmylla like this.
                            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Here you go @laverniust! Honestly, I only needed to copy and paste what you wrote, so I'm very thankful for your help!
                              Enjoy! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
                                laverniust likes this.
                              • laverniust

Thank you so much!!

• springacres

@laverniust @Karmylla "%kid1, you're hungry? Hi, Hungry. I'm Dad" That actually sounds like something MY dad could have come up with! *very much dying over here*

[Edit] Also, that "This is the life" line has been bothering me for ages, I just didn't know quite what was wrong with it. The "No responsibilities" bit just doesn't fit with Shane's canon character and his dialogues about not wanting to be a burden. "No shifts at JojaMart" makes a HECK of a lot more sense!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
                                    laverniust and Karmylla like this.