1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server will not connect - tried everything

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ChocoBoomstick, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ChocoBoomstick

ChocoBoomstick Intergalactic Tourist

For some bizarre reason, i cannot connect to my own server to play multiplayer. Every time I try I get the message "Client connect failed!" etc I forwarded the correct port (21025) and I made sure the IP address was correct (cmd-ip config-ipv4 etc). If anyone has any help at all with this, it is much appreciated!

2. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

know the feels allrdy asked about this

3. ChocoBoomstick

ChocoBoomstick Intergalactic Tourist

So frustrating, thought it would be a simple solution by port forwarding, but c'est la vie. Even made sure to do the basic stuff just in case I missed everything, like making sure the IP is static etc. Let's hope the Dev's or someone here can offer some insight.

4. R234

R234 Contact!

Same here, nothing works. I so freaking hate networking, gets me tearing my hair out every time......

ChocoBoomstick likes this.
  5. Headzup

Headzup Space Spelunker

try 127.0.0.1, if this work it's not a problem with Starbound.

6. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

thats the local host dose not mean that there is nothing wrong server side if it were that easy my job would be a hell of alot easier

7. Neszy

Neszy Void-Bound Voyager

Working for a lot of people meaning it may well be something on your sides. Check you haven't PF'd wrongly (only selected UDP, etc) and follow this guide - maybe it'll help. Until we hear any official guidance there's really nothing we can do - I'm pretty sure framerate drops are high priority than broken servers so we might be waiting a little while. Best of luck though.

8. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone know what the server CMD screen should look like once the server is running? The last line I get is "Shutting down world alpha" and a whole string of numbers.