1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Server no longer connectable after updates.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Oxymoronic Fool, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Oxymoronic Fool

Oxymoronic Fool Master Chief

After the initial install yesterday, I was able to get a server up and running by forwarding port 21025 through my router and firewall. Confirmed connectable and playable from a remote location (ie. not on the LAN) by using my server location's external IP. I noticed yesterday afternoon that there had been some updates pushed through Steam, and decided it would be a good idea to update my server, as well - so I did. Now, unfortunately, the server is not connectable with the client getting the typical can't connect error message when attempting to do so.

Thing I've tried:

Also forwarded ports 21026/27, which are mentioned in the default_configuration.config file.
    Changed the used port within the default_configuration.config file.
    Completely deleted all files and reinstalled fresh.
    Ran server and clients as admin.

None seems to be working. canyouseeme.org confirms that all wanted ports are opened. There is also the following error message from the server window whenever I attempt to connect:

Warn: UniverseServer: client connection aborted
    Info: Reaping client (1) connection ((I know this is normal when a client disconnects.))
    Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error 10038
    **it then lists several .hpp/.cpp files**

I'm no expert when it comes to debugging error messages, but the above leads me to believe that the server is receiving SOME sort of connection from the client machine, but is unable to send the listed files and aborts the connection? Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I missing something obvious?