1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Server accounts

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dentior, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Sezotove

Sezotove Space Spelunker

It's probably going to have something to do with server security.

2. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

How the accesscontrol.config works ? user:pass ?

3. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

Why is it in the universe folder..?

4. Dentior

Dentior Void-Bound Voyager

As of now? No, none of us know. :p

5. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

have a question UniverseServer: client connect failed, handshake failed bequse VariantException: Variant type not map for get("password"), is of type string, need i insert in the accesscontrol.config both username & passwort ?

6. Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan Seal Broken

I don't think the 'account' feature is actually fully implemented yet, leave your "server account " field blank and the IP/server password work just fine together.

7. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Probably acts in a similar way to a whitelist i would imagine only you have to make an account with the server your connecting to ?

8. Derfpace

Derfpace Cosmic Narwhal

You can actually use this to create server accounts along with the password. There is a line that says
    Code:
      "username" : "",
    where you can insert usernames. When I put in some usernames the server simply doesn't respond if you use a wrong username, and goes back to the wrong password error if you use a correct username.

9. cavelurker

cavelurker Space Spelunker

I assume it's character usernames you're talking about, not steam usernames? If so it feels kinda pointless at this time since anyone can make a new character with a valid name. I haven't gotten time to download the latest update yet so I'm not sure...

10. Compboy

Compboy Poptop Tamer

no just a name you want to connect with.

see this tread http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/accesscontrol-config.47137/

11. d0m1nation

d0m1nation Space Hobo

this is bullcrap, no official word on this?!
    This cant be the way you register users on the server!

12. Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan Seal Broken

I thought it'd be something like this after looking through the files, thanks for the clarification :~)

13. J Megadeth J

J Megadeth J Space Spelunker

It is the login to your modem. The account name and password that let you login to the router/modem that you have. That's what worked for me anyway.

14. PikachuPower

PikachuPower Space Hobo

It didnt work for me, i dont know why. Any suggestions?