1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Seriously?!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ShugoShock, Sep 1, 2015.

1. ShugoShock

ShugoShock Space Hobo

I've had enough of this bs! You make more mistakes on your own behalf than actually getting killed by monsters! That's not what I am upset about though. I am upset that you keep all of your items but lose almost HALF of whatever amount of pixels you're carrying everytime! That's completely bull! I'm just a nooby player. So, I can't begin to understand how higher level players with millions of pixels in their inventory would feel if they died and literally lost half their stash! I'd rather lose a certain percentage of my items than my pixels!

2. Chickendoodles

Chickendoodles Phantasmal Quasar

3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Also, you lose 30% of your pixels on death, its closer to a fourth of your total pixels then it is to half of them. As Chickendoodles mentioned you should compress any large number of pixels if you risk dying (it costs to compress them, but you lose more if you die twice).

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Pixels are relatively minor currently. There's not much need to actually buy anything.

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I can't say I've ever felt a pixel crunch. Like, once when I went on a MASSIVE 3D-printing binge, that's it.

And now that we can sell stuff instead of just throwing it away?

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Closer to a third than a fourth, but yes, use the compressor. And store ores if you are playing on normal and about to a mission.

7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I don't see the need for them. So losing them doesn't bother me

8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I thought Casual didn't make you lose anything.

9. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Nah, there's still a pixel loss. But it's really not a big whoop. I've easily lost tens of thousands of pixels to death over the course of playing this game, but I usually make it back in not long at all.

Jbeetle likes this.
  10. ShugoShock

ShugoShock Space Hobo

Thanks for the reply guys... i do use the pixels to buy things. Since pixels is the main source of currency on the outpost.

11. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Not a whole lot worth buying. Plus, you can just re-run mission for more pixels. I generally get a few thousand just spelunking on tier 5 and 6 planets.

12. Dampe

Dampe Yeah, You!

Pixel loss never really bothered me as much as it does to lose all my hard-earned ore.

13. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Whenever I find the need for money, I go to the ocean. All those little shells have pixels. Not a whole lot in one shell, but there also isn't much to die from down there. So, by the time you walk around the bottom, you've gained quite a few.

14. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

trying to remember if they were in the vanilla game or from one of my mods, but the thorn fruits on arid planets sell fairly well. I think most produce does.

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Hell, most planets, a sinple stroll around the surface should net you a good amount of money, between the mini-capsules and monster drops.

Also, my home-planet base has autoguns installed, so there's usually pixels and meat jsut laying around each time I come back from a trip. (Another good reason to build a base.)

Ehksidian likes this.
  16. There is always casual mode. You don't drop ore on death, it would just be pixel loss.