Serious Bug: Apex NPC suicide

Discussion in 'Other' started by Voidthoughts, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Voidthoughts

Voidthoughts Poptop Tamer

I have witness a very annoying (and kind of sad) bug in Apex NPC pathing that has cost me 2 quests because NPCs involved were dead. In Apex towns there is barbed wire not only on the gates leading into the town, but on top of the taller buildings. With the gates the barbed wire is no concern, but with the buildings the NPCs can hop over the edge of the roof and land on the barbed wire. They will then stand there until they die.

I've watched it happen 3 times and there was nothing I could do to save them because the wire eats through their health so fast I can't even get to the roof before they die. Even if I manage to get up there, there really isn't much I can do to make them move.

If the barbed wire could be removed from these structures or the NPC pathing can be fixed to make NPCs not just happily sit on hazardous objects that would be helpful.

Personally the latter fix would be the best since I find crew mates will merrily chill on spikes and in poison pools and other traps until they die which isn't as big of a deal since they respawn, but is still a rather annoying thing.