1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Sergal Race 2.3b

Adds Sergals into your game.

1. Keppabar

Keppabar Big Damn Hero

Does this ship patch also include the geometry issue of the inside being a different shape from the background? Not sure since if I'm reading right I'd have to start another character and replay until I get them a Corvette to see. Hopefully next ship upgrade will be fine anyway.

2. omegadrace

omegadrace Cosmic Narwhal

Could you please take a printscreen of where the background doesn't line up, provided you haven't deleted the character it happens on? It really should not be doing that!

3. omegadrace

omegadrace updated Sergal Race with a new update entry:

Eyes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  4. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Is the workshop version going to be updated also?

5. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't got what's the vilous is X/
    It's comic or what?

6. omegadrace

I do not have much control over when the workshop version is updated, the uploader is most likely busy.

Vilous is the system where planet Tal, the Sergal homeworld, is located.

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  7. Dylaugus

Dylaugus Yeah, You!

Hello, After downloading and installing 2.3 my Sergals are not in the char select anymore but i still have the file's would there be a way to fix this? Also something i thought of would there be a way to add clothing to Sergal tenents? Cause i would like my tenents to my clothed xD anyway thanks for the time!

8. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for the information.

9. omegadrace

Previous characters should still remain in your selection list! Could you please copy your starbound.log to a pastebin and send me the link?

10. omegadrace

In the event of anyone else not being able to choose their old characters and trying to find a solution, Dylaugus' issue was that some files were missing from the zip. A redownload fixed it!

11. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could you include custom hurt sounds for the sergals? Or at the very least make it the avian hurt sound?

12. omegadrace

I am unable to find any voices that suit sergals! I suppose I can use Avian sounds, but I'm not really sure that would suit them either.

13. origamania

To quote the goldring wiki:
    I'd say the avian grunts would fit better than human grunts. You could make it an alternate download in case others are used to human hurt sounds and wouldn't like the change.

14. omegadrace

You are correct. I have uploaded an optional voices download.

15. origamania

Thanks, you're the best!

16. origamania

I decided to experiment a bit with hurt sounds, and in my opinion avianhurt_male2.ogg is better than avianhurt_male1.ogg for males, and for females I think avianhurt_male3.ogg would be better.
    avianhurt_male1 and all avianhurt_female are based on the avian voices, while avianhurt_male 2 and 3 are shrieks, which fit would fit the sergals better.

17. Keppabar

Keppabar Big Damn Hero

I did, I'm talking about that post I made before about my tier 3 ship (see previous thread page). the ceiling's still 1 block too high atm, but it's an old ship so not sure if the problem's fixed but just hasn't updated pre-existing ships. or if the problem hasn't been fixed yet

18. omegadrace

Those fit much better! I have reuploaded the alternative voices file.

You're going to have to upgrade your ship or start a new character to see any changes. Apologies. :(

origamania likes this.
  19. Keppabar

Keppabar Big Damn Hero

That's fine I was just about ready to upgrade anyway.

20. IxeyDergon

IxeyDergon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now that eye color has been added, It's time to figure out... how to change your Sergal's eye color AFTER it's already created. Because I don't feel like starting over :/

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out ^v^

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016