1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Sergal Race 2.3b

Adds Sergals into your game.

1. omegadrace

omegadrace Cosmic Narwhal

omegadrace submitted a new mod:

Sergal Race - Adds Sergals into your game.

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Pretty nice mod. It's been quite a long time since I have heard anyone mention Sergals. Looks great. The armor is pretty good and goes perfect with the character.

The ship is interesting though. I hope to see more from this mod. Sergals do need a bit more attention.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  3. Sabre Crescent

Sabre Crescent Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty cool so far :D wiggley and moving tails as they run around would add a cool touch, but I'm not sure how hard such a thing would be to add.

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

For the curious who work on the principle of no pics, no clicks:
    [​IMG]

Volnorinox and Sabre Crescent like this.
  5. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

I KNEW that someone would make a sergal mod, it seems sergal mods are inevitable, there are sergal mods for dwarf fortress,Cortex command, and im sure a bunch of other games.

Anyway, looks nice, Ill be sure to check it out.

6. omegadrace

Thanks guys.
    Adding a wiggle to the tail is not difficult in the slightest, so maybe expect something like that in the near future.
    And I would add pictures, but my pc divides by zero everytime I take a printscreen.

Sad thing is, I'm the one who created those mods (I even made a Dominions 3 mod, Cube World mod, and even a Minecraft mod. None of which I've released.). :(

7. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Oh? you made all of those mods?

8. omegadrace

More or less, yeah.

9. CryoLithius

CryoLithius Void-Bound Voyager

Mother of god you have no idea how much I love you right now ;~;

Greyhawk3 likes this.
  10. omegadrace

Ok, it turns out that I had something done wrong in the species file, which prevented tier4 from being accessible. Update will be out soon while add bounce to the tail.
    Just so there is no confusion, tier4 and up is meant to be produced at the robotic crafting table.

11. omegadrace

omegadrace updated Sergal Race with a new update entry:

1.1 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

The Nexus site says "Download down" all the time for me

13. omegadrace

I've never experienced any errors like that. Are you able to get to the point where you choose the download server for the file? If so, try another one, preferably around halfway down the list.

14. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, but every server is permanent loading without actually loading something or gives me the "download down" error after a few seconds

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  15. omegadrace

16. omegadrace

No idea. I'm afraid that the Nexus has always worked for me, with the exception of when their servers are overloaded.

17. omegadrace

18. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty good mod, but the way Guardian and Scout armor work is a bit odd. The way I see it, Guardian should have the same health-addition as soldier armor, with a higher number by the shield and lower number by the energy, and cost more to make and upgrade. The slowdown is a good effect, if you could reduce knockback it'd feel more like a tanky armor. Simlarly, Scout Armor should be cheaper, with higher energy stat, lower shield, and maybe even lower warmth. Higher tiers should also be faster or jump higher.

As far as weapons, I'd say just a bit more sprite work. The initial Warrior certainly should look different, maybe carry more of the "really huge combat knife" sort of vibe I get from the way their gear is portrayed. Havent gotten to higher tiers yet tho.

19. omegadrace

As they are, the Guardian set provides basic health regen and more and more extra armour the further you get into the tiers. If someone who has hit the highest tiers could let me know how they hold without the extra health that would be great.
    Removing knockback sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if it's even possible. At least, I haven't had any success with it.

Scout armour kept its speed adjustments throughout the tiers in order for balance, but as I said with the Guardian armour; if someone could let me know how it holds up in the higher tiers, that would be great.
    Scout armour also does have lower defence and higher energy bonuses, it is just not very noticeable at the lower levels.

I don't understand what you mean by the way Warriors are initially portrayed. Do you mean the weapons you can craft at the start of the game? Or that the sprites are not different enough?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  20. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was talking about the two starting Warrior Swords. The stone one and the copper ore one look exactly the same. Like the other races, I think the color of the blade should change with the material. I guess you want to keep a sergally feel to them but this still is starbound afterall.

As far as the blade shape goes, I'm ok with all the ones in the Axe folder, Broadsword folder (needs moar broadswords) and the spear folder. The shortswords however, look a bit odd. Some seem almost plant-like (Tier 4,5, and 9), and they all look wooden. The starter swrods and the tier 10 shortsword also look too rapier-like. I don't think sergals would use such narrow blades, nor would they use such spiky blades like t4, t5, and t9.

The following are all examples of what I mean by the "really big combat knife" look. (and/or what I think would be a better fit in terms of sword design)
    The other races also use the different colors to distinguish the tiers, and let every one of them look badass as opposed to the designs getting better. (or are they actually different colors in-game? I'm looking at the files in the folder and see other normal race swords as all orangy, but in game they are colored...) Either way, they need a bit of an overhaul in my opinion, they just don't look very sergally.

Spoilered pics are slightly nsfw, be it from blood or lack of clothes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic is ok:
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6770662/

Image credit goes to their respective artists. Top to bottom: Tysavarin (deviantart), Lord Magic Pants (VCL), and Trancy Mick (Mick39 on Furaffinity), and Cyber Zai (Furaffinity)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014