Modding Help seeking Patch help for InfinityExpress, Ore Detector & ursaminer

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraLUSAD, Mar 11, 2017.

1. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

A few people have been asking to use the ore detector on the new ores on my mod (ISE4), so i thought adding a patch to allow said ores to show up, however, there are other items I'd like to patch as well

InfinityExpress
    • Buyable Bonsai tree seed ("ise4bonsaiseed")
    • Buyable Miniature Rubber Seed ("ise4rubberseed")
    Ursaminer
    • Buyable Tin Ore ("ise4tinore")
    Ore Detector
    • Amethyst ("ise4amethyst")
    • Topaz ("ise4topaz")
    • Emerald ("ise4emerald")
    • Sapphire ("ise4sapphire")
    • Ruby ("ise4ruby")
    • Tin Ore ("ise4tinore")
    • Electrum Ore ("ise4electrumore")
    • Salt ("ise4salt")
    I know the patch looks a bit like this:
    Code:
    {"op":"add", "path":"/surface/0/1/-", "value":  [ "ise4tin", 0.60] },
    But I'm clueless how to actually set it, any help?

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Isn't this for the world.config? If so then you place a file in your mod that matcha the director of the file being patched ex: starbound/assets/world.config
    So your file would go in:
    starbound/mods/yourmod/world.config.patch

I don't actually know where the file that does this is, I've never added ores, so where ever this ore generation file is is where you have to place a patch in "path mimicking" the original path (but in your mod of course).

Don't put a "," if there is only one item, the last item in the patch file will not have a "," or else the game instantly crashes.

3. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

true, it is, well, oredistributions.configfunctions thing, but uses a .patch, if a Patch can patch in items like Player.config.patch, i know its possible to path the said 3, to add selling items to InfinityExpress and Ursaminer, and adding the ability to ore ping using the Ore Detector, Unfortunately, its "Jumble" to me or i could have patched them my self, but its always good to ask, i know there are helpful people who could

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I usually make patches manually, but this comes in handy too.

Have two copies handy(open). The vanilla file. The edited file.
    http://chbrown.github.io/rfc6902/
    That can make your patches for you, and below that you can test your patches to see the modified outcome. Like most JSON parsing tools, this doesn't tolerate comments.

Sometimes the patches aren't ideal. For example it is hard to follow the patch files where coordinate edits are done because it handles 'x' and 'y' separately. Still works in game though.

Also it doesn't do patch batches though (which Starbound supports and are VERY useful when paired with "op" : "test" ).