1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Messages in the Vaults

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LazerRay, Jan 25, 2017.

1. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

While exploring the ancient vaults, I came across a large fragmented tablet near the entrance (And I got different ones each time). I dug through the game files and found the image files for the large tablet (seems like Chucklefish like the number 6), and I put them together in Paint.net making a complete tablet (Look in the spoilers), I just haven't translated it yet, although I have the translation codex in game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotcha! likes this.
  2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

3. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I AM actually quite intrigued by one detail on the wiki page:
    [​IMG] Novakid: Have I seen this before? Naw, I must be imaginin' things.

They wouldn't just put a line like that in the game for no reason, would they? Especially not in something as new and important to the game's lore as the Vaults.

T0ASTY likes this.
  4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Let me save your time. Novakids are heavily implied to be fragments of Cultivator.

5. bconlon

bconlon Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Ancient Mural (Spoilers???)

"WE ADVANCED AS WE WERE DESIGNED
    WE REACHED THE GREAT KIND ONE
    IT WARNED US OF THE FINAL PLAGUE
    THE THREAT TO ALL THAT THRIVE
    THE GREAT ONE HAD A PLAN
    A DOOR OF KEYS FOR THE CHOSEN
    BUT WE WERE BUILDERS NOT HEROES
    IN THE EVENT THAT THE PLAN FAILED
    WE CARVED THE INFINITE SANCTUARY
    TO SALVAGE WHAT LITTLE LIFE WE COULD
    WE ARE DESTINED TO NOT REMAIN
    AS IS THE GREAT KIND ONE
    ITS LEGACY WILL BE ITS REMNANTS
    AND OURS SHALL BE OUR TEMPLES"

Ok so, the Ancients created the Ancient Gateway to the Ruin's Dimension. The "Infinite Sanctuary" is probably the universe. So the only remains of the Ancients are the ancient temples and structures.

This probably disproves a theory that the Ancients corrupted the Ruin, but history is determined by the writer...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Gotcha! likes this.
  6. Hydroact

Hydroact Void-Bound Voyager

They can't be tho because their emblem is on the ark gate which was built before the Cultivator died.
    My theory is that the Ancients wiped their memories and became the Novakids to save themselves from the Ruin

7. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

this thread is probably going to be locked soon because of necroing, but I think that the ancients just dwindled away in numbers instead of just up and vanishing, plenty were around following the creation of the novakid from the death of the cultivator, and in fact we even meet one last remaining one at the outpost, the vault key guy

also I don't think the missing face on the gateways is of the ancients... but that's a theory for another day