Secret Individual Earth planet?! Revisiting Intro Mission?!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Brockster17, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Who wants this secret solar system, planets, questline and ending?

1. Yes! That sounds awsome!

96.2%
  2. No, Starbounds current ending and planet set is good enough.

3.8%
  1. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

I was thinking: if a planet is wrecked by the ruin, would it mostly still be there?

That got me thinking: what if.. earth was somewhere in this universe for me to find?
    so maybe chucklefish games could add another non-procedurally-generated solar system titles "Milky Way" (did I get that right?) It would be located in the center of the universe.Upon entering it, you could find all the planets in our real solar system and one would stand out: earth would be there and it would be a wastleland biome, with the appearance of a volcanic biome from space. beaming down would bring players to the wasteland, and all blocks are unbreakable as if it was a protectorate mission. the background would be a wrecked version of the intro background. by walking right for a while, the player would come across the protectorate academy, full of skeletons and wreckage. After entering you would find the Grand Protector of your race on the stage you got your matter manipulator on. You would a get a quest to collect certain items to rebuild the protectorate academy. It would be similar to the museum questline given by Koichi, and there will be 20 items to craft/collect. after collecting them, you have to go to an extremely hard ancient vault where the boss is a corrupted cultivator, responsible for creating the ruin, and he has 10000 health. killing him awards you with the ultimate terraformer. you would get an INSANE amount of pixels and ancient essence, and when you go back to the grand protector, he will ask you to place down the ultimate terraformer and all the important outpost people will come and then spending 50000 ancient essence, earth will be restored and you can revisit the protectorate academy, with the painting of the grand protector of your race replaced with a picture of you in a protectorate outfit, thus unlocking the REAL starbound ending. It will also grant a new achievement titled "Master Protector".The description Is: "Restore Earth to its formal glory. You have come a long way since that wrecked ship."it also makes it so beaming down to the planet, instead of beaming you down, makes your ship land in the place you found it when it was broken.

Anyone think this is a good idea? Answer the poll!
    (note: after you repair the academy, you cannot break pre-placed blocks, but you can place your own and break yours only.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    DeadlyChas3r and SickSix like this.
  2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Rather than just finding Earth in a way that seems to require a guide (Why would anyone assume there's anyhting special at 0,0), it would be better to get the coordinates to the Solar System from an NPC. The Solar System could act like a special "Mission System" that is acesses similarly to normal quests, except that, instead of sending the player to a place, it sends the ship instead.

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I feel like having any sort of unique place that you can only find once being a regular planet instead of a mission wouldn't be so good. If someone accidentally destroyed part of it, then they wouldn't be able to find another one like it or reload the area.

4. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It could act a bit like the Ruin, in that it isn't possible to do any lasting changes to it.

5. EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity Subatomic Cosmonaut

If it loads in a pre-determined tileset (à la the Outpost), it would reload the same tileset every time you enter the area, even if you obliterate part of it by turning protection off.

SickSix likes this.
  6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Right, and that's an instance, just like the missions.

7. MrRichGamerTag

MrRichGamerTag Intergalactic Tourist

How about Earth have the same property of the outpost.
    not just the things in it, that if you do /settileprotection 0 false and break something in the outpost,if you reenter, it would respawn the item you broke and you get to keep it.
    So i can make my own academy like ship look. Any other look ( like the Grand Library look ) can be optional, but the other options already exist.

8. MrRichGamerTag

MrRichGamerTag Intergalactic Tourist

For the other looks, you need to be in a mission and do that command. then you can choose your liking.

9. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

You're reviving a post thats almost a year old. I think it would be a cool idea too, but this is from febuary 2017, and its january 2018, so try not to post on a thread thats more than a month old.

10. ra13th

ra13th Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ummm the dev currently more into to capturing villain and bandit system (1.4) maybe the new ending will realease at 2.0 because its not easy homework to change the ending as like we want after all (for me) starbound is great game to exploring, make a colony , or try to find cool, funny even weird solar system name and its great to survival hardcore game its my opinion and.... what i mean is just enjoying what we already have. and sorry for my bad grammar i more prefer to not use any translater