SecondPlaythrough Mod (Smapi)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DEMIACLE, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Hey thanks for the feedback, I know the button thing is a pain I will have a config for next build, working on all the suggestions!

Sounds great. Is the overlay for the sprinklers dynamic?
    -A
    Unfortunately no, a main goal of these mods is to work with other mods, but that code is baked into a method inside StardewValley.Object. Its up to individual modders to create their own visual feedback

Just one question. In Vanilla do you also get 0 EXp for nearly all rocks in the mines??
    -A
    yes! I always wondered why early game mining was so tough compared to others... this is why.
    If simple fixes like that are not released in their next patch, I'd like to release a mod that fixes some of those anoying bugs xD
    ( Also you do not get exp for small tree stumps or twigs...)

Also, I was wondering if you would consider making time freeze indoors an option.
    -A
    I've just found that mod and it does some nice things! so yes I plan on improving mine =)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • SavvasXiourou

SavvasXiourou Space Hobo

Hi, sorry if this is a selfish request but is there any way I would be able to isolate the part of the quality of life pack that makes fishing instant but still causes time to pass, or disable the part where it shows the name of the fish? It would be super useful but I'd still like what I catch to be somewhat of a mystery. This mod looks awesome altogether btw, I'm just using the QOL stuff for now but will definitely use the rest it for my next playthrough!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
      • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Hi, thats not selfish and already in the works! check back in a few days :)

• SavvasXiourou

SavvasXiourou Space Hobo

Thanks so much! You're doing Yoba's work :)

Minakie likes this.
          • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Alright, I hope I added everything that was requested, I'll have to go over my lists again but most everything looks done, I'm planning on working on ui stuff now so that'l suck up some time from cooler atm, but it should make these mods more accessible!

I should note this toolbar just swaps the item locations so you can now store your tools and just hold on to one to swap out! I made it right click only so you wont waste stamina.
            Feedback always welcome!

teaser.png

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Also live atm as requested! I'm pretty happy how this looks!

teaser2.png

Kulturbanause and Minakie like this.
              • Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Nice that looks marvalous. Testing ...

[​IMG]
                As you can see crop/plant descriptions are visible through you toolbar.

[​IMG]
                If you deactivate above's option your calender and questboard is popping through the vanilla descriptions.

[​IMG]
                This is nice. But i would propose make the the text of "937/1500" 25% smaller and in Black.
                The level digit is nice but i am suggesting to put it into the box as well. Just place the digit before the icon of the skill for example.

Quick and dirty proposal: (And ugly of course as well)
                [​IMG]

Do you need the SV font for the texts in the bars as well?? --> Reddit

Requests:
                [​IMG]
                Ok this can be deactivated ingame. But can you create an option ingame or in the config to enable popup via key or holding rightclick?

[​IMG]
                Can you please fix the rocks regarding EXP in the mines and maybe skullcave mine as well?? The twigs and little tree stumps would also be nice.

[​IMG]
                Crafting Menu. How about adding the buy in values for the needed items. Hence you eventually want to know how expensive the whole item is? :) So adding the overall price for the to be crafted item like the Bee House as well.

4. Skill Overview of all skills in top left corner. Activateable via config or ingamemenu.

5. Luck and Cooking skill support? For the UI overview and the single bars in the left bottom corner.

[​IMG]
                Is it feasible to create some additional fields in the ingame menu or config.json to add customem sprinkler ranges? Coz i use modded sprinklers and the ranges are different to vanilla.

Thank you for your work!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
                • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Good stuff! I'm going to hold off on number 2 because I've read the next patch fixes some bugs but I'll get to update things tomorrow!

Minakie likes this.
                  • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

@Kulturbanause I've fixed those bugs and the reworked the hover text on issue 3... the game doesnt render scaling text very well and it looks terrible, I might just rework a new exp display to choose from to make all skills visible always, but like i said its a matter of space and It's important for me to fit the SDV style so its an interesting problem and I never liked how the other mods displayed - As for working with luck/cook skills it entirely depends on how they were built.

with V0.3 I've also made shift and right click display the timers on crops and barrels. ( non configurable atm )

edit- as for the requests I'll try to get a config for the scarecrow/sprinkler ui but the craftable tooltip might not be worth it, plus its not hard to hover items for prices with improved tooltips, I agree some more info there would be nice though such as amount of time it takes to craft

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
                      Minakie likes this.
                    • wutangraiseu

wutangraiseu Master Chief

GAME CHANGER WOW

• GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

This looks great! Keep up the good work. Should I be concerned about compatibility?

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

compatibility with other mods? Thats always an issue but I've been pretty conscious about that, every feature can be disabled

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

These are all the other mods I'm using besides this one. I have over 100 mods installed. No compatibility issues so far.

• Kulturbanause

Nice thank you!

About the concern of making the overview too big?
                              Concider also this Mod. --> LINK

It still works even this is was published in May 2016. And this was the biggest game changer before your toolbar arrived.
                              Maybe think about it to include this into your UIMOD? Coz i do not think so that the mod creator is updating his Mod.

If you play like me there is of course enough room in top left corner but of course i am not the center of the SDV world :p

[​IMG]

Feedback latest UI MOD Version:
                              - StackSplit X is not compatible anymore. Shift Rightclick is used by that mod to open textbox and then to type in wished value for that item.
                              Now that stack is just being halved when you press Left Shift + Rightclick.

Can someone just state if this is also happening? I do not want to state anything wrongly..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
                                HopeWasHere likes this.
                              • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

@Kulturbanause I'm not doing anything tricky with that key but I'll double check, also as my weekly speed challenge I've uploaded a mod to fix experience gains on treestumps, twigs, and low level mine rocks

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

annnnnd theres a bug lol... knew I was missing something I'll post later tonight

• Kulturbanause

Nice i gonna try that

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Ok, just a small oversight, I've uploaded the exp fix now

• chojustin

chojustin Void-Bound Voyager

please please PLEASE add a config file for the UI mod!! it's fantastic, but there are certain elements that I'd rather have other mods handle like the exp bars!

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Maybe I'm missing something, but is this not working for you? edit* These buttons completely remove the feature call so they won't bog down your system if you disable them

upload_2017-2-23_12-15-27.png

Minakie likes this.