1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Sebastian Game Heart Event Bugged with caveat

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lhachwen, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Lhachwen

Lhachwen Space Hobo

I have tried this event a few times so I am relatively certain this is partially bugged. But only within a specific condition present.

PS4 Pro (latest software version as of 7/8/2017: System Software 4.71)

It is the 2nd year in Summer, Friday 26 in game-play, time various o'clock-times.

I go into Sebastian's room to initiate the 6 heart event "Solarian Chronicles". I chose 'healer' the first play through when I came across the bug. This was the only choice I could make in this dialog event. I reloaded my game since I thought it could just be class related and chose 'magician' and then 'warrior' to see if the lack of controller response was tied to just 'healer' or if it was bugged for all initial choices.

Each party class choice was able to be chosen however after the initial 'class' choice all other dialog choices are locked to the top highlighted option. The other dialog options in the event were all stuck at that first option-- I could not choose any other dialog other than that top option. When I 'moused' the arrow-cursor over any other option I heard a persistent buzzing and pressing the input button did not choose the option I arrowed over, nor did using the d-pad or either controller stick allow the dialog to be chosen/highlighted.

I did a bit of trouble-shooting and discovered when the 'Use Controller-Style Menu' option is marked this bug occurs. Un-selecting this option allows all choices to be made so there is a 'fix' BUT with that 'Use Controller-Style Menu' chosen no other choices during this event can be chosen using any of the controller's buttons/functions.

I'm not certain if any other dialog is bugged in this manner with the 'Use Controller-Style Menu' option checked/chosen. But I will probably keep it off in the future just in case.

• Trixie_McMinx

Trixie_McMinx Space Hobo

Thank you so much for posting this! I had the exact same bug happening with my game on PS4 and it was so frustrating, I couldn't continue the game.
      So, thank you, you saved the future wedding of my character and Sebastian