1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SD Difficulty Configuration Mod 2016-07-08

Because aparently people can't access things

1. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

Segenam submitted a new mod:

SD Modable Configuration Mod - Because aparently people can't access things

Read more about this mod...

2. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, just wanted to reply to your comment on my review because it is definitely not a waste of a mod!

It was exactly what I was looking for, but it was a little hard to find due to the name.
    Something like Starbound Difficulty Config might draw in more downloads.

3. Segenam

yeah probably would... I haven't tried changing the name, I'll see if I can.

the reason why I named it like that is in case there was some other config files that others may want added but looking though this one seemed to be the only real useful one.

Edit: There name changed to help it's appearance... though the link has changed it seems gotta update the links to it.

Edit2: Should I update this mod with a .metadata file or just wait to do that for the 1.0?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. Asromega

Asromega Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, uh, segenam, you good at making normal mods, maybe a RACE mod? all people have potential if they just try, why am I asking this? Because I do not have the knowledge of how to upload or create mods. If you will, send me a link to the download. Don't take advantage of me and put rickroll or undertale's hopes and dreams, and DEFINETLY not bonetrousle for that matter. Please don't take advantage of the meme links. Thx if you send the creation kit.

5. Segenam

I am really confused at what your talking about... well most of it I understand as segments but I'm not able to figure out what you are meaning as a whole but I'll do my best to answer;

1) Yes I'm good at making mods, got a few in the works including some race mods
    2) It's not hard to upload mods, on the mods listing there is a button to add a mod.
    3) To create a mod there is no "creation kit" for starbound you just have to unpack starbound's assets you can either follow a guide on how to use the asset_packet and asset_unpacker in your starbound download or use this tool here:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/all-versions-win-linux-modpackhelper.92473/

The rest is just modifying the text using notepad++ and following other guides like the ones found here.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/modding-guides.34001/

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  6. Ethosnavi

Ethosnavi Void-Bound Voyager

can you make a quick little guide on how to use this mod because i am confused

7. Segenam

First off in the Unstable branch just drop the file in. Once it is inside open up the file with any text editor you have (I use notepad++) and change the values you want inside of it.

so if you want no hunger on survival go under the survival section and change:

"hunger" : true
    to
    "hunger" : false

the only one that is complecated is the deathDropItemTypes in witch case just copy from the other sections and replace... for example if you want no item loss on survival replace

Code:
    "deathDropItemTypes" : [
          "generic",
          "liquid",
          "material",
          "consumable"
        ],
    with
    Code:
    "deathDropItemTypes" : "none",
    From there I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

8. Ethosnavi

Ethosnavi Void-Bound Voyager

i downloaded notepad++ and did what you said and it worked! im so glad because another mod that claimed to remove death drops from survival doesnt work.
    one 5 star review coming up!

9. Segenam

Thank you so much, glad I could be of help... If you ever have any issues just let me know!

10. negitausen

negitausen Void-Bound Voyager

Where do you put the file?

11. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod alone would eliminate the need of multiple configs like Steam Workshop. Have considered putting this up in Workshop?

12. Segenam

well the problem is that steam stores the files in an alternate location that is quite confusing to get to, along with packaging it up requiring people to unpack it to alter the file. where as the entire point of this mod was for people with no experience in unpacking files could modify this file.

I have been thinking about making my own micro mod with my own personal settings but again they would not be editable (with out a lot of effort) just due to the way mods work on steam workshop for Starbound.

13. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see. I mean uploading it to Steam just to get more exposure, linking this page from the page on Steam - to inform people that difficulty is actually configurable.

Perhaps the user-friendlier approach is making this configurable through in-game GUI, but that's going to be a lot more work it seems...

14. Segenam

That may be a good idea, though I do feel like that is... well deceptive and possibly confusing... but I'll definitely think about it.

xaliber likes this.
  15. Vantezzle

Vantezzle Yeah, You!

Does it work with the current version of the game?

16. Segenam

Try it and see... it will be safe no matter what, but if it does cause crashes let me know... though I don't believe there has been a change to the file it modifies.